What did you do to your NBS GMT800 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

95escahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
going back a bit, but was wondering which LED's we were using for these.

are the eagle eyes our only option for the puddle lights?

20ad0ae9f8da10c529da42255b9f35c9.jpg

4b53fa1fb0f449574439358a4e4f3793.jpg

I run these LED's they fit just like the factory ones there nice and bright

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MadDogDelpho

Texcellent
Reaction score
oh, mine has them, I wanna replace them with some brighter LEDs for better visibility in dark areas (after falling in a ditch this weekend because I couldn't see the ground)

*edit* Me, not the truck
Ah, 10-4. I think the same LEDs that will work in the rear interior dome lights should also work in the puddle lights, I believe. I took mine apart and it looks like they're the same size.

95escahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
got a link for those? that's exactly what I wanna get.

Got them off Superbrightleds and I think they were 42mm like said above, there's a list of the LED bulbs for the interior/exterior conversion on here I ordered them off there

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ah, 10-4. I think the same LEDs that will work in the rear interior dome lights should also work in the puddle lights, I believe. I took mine apart and it looks like they're the same size.
Yes they're the same as the dome lights, 42mm festoon. Just get some LED's with the most lumens you can find.

jarydM

Lost in the Woods
Reaction score
Yeah they're 42mm led festoon

Got them off Superbrightleds and I think they were 42mm like said above, there's a list of the LED bulbs for the interior/exterior conversion on here I ordered them off there

Yes they're the same as the dome lights, 42mm festoon. Just get some LED's with the most lumens you can find.

thanks all!

05Single

afraid of the dark
Reaction score
going back a bit, but was wondering which LED's we were using for these.

are the eagle eyes our only option for the puddle lights?

Eagle eyes are custom mounted.
42mm festoons snap into factory housing same bulb as domes.
Eagle eyes are crazy bright as you know, the 42mm weren't bright enough for me. But that was 2 years ago and now they make brighter bulbs. Before 5050 smd was the most common and brightest, now they have a 5630 and I believe a 5730 which has more coverage and produces more lumens and output.

Anyway my 03 has factory puddle lights but I still used eagle eyes so I can find my truck from space when I hit the unlock button lol.

The only problem is when you open the door coming from inside the truck the door itself cuts the light output on the ground. Do something like what @redrocket did to see where you're stepping

Edit: Also I meant good luck finding the housing for the light, not the bulb itself. Hard to find the housings alone, have to buy the mirror with it which is $$, reason why I did the eagle eyes in the first place cause mine were brittle and broke when I went to install basic leds bulbs. The clear plastic gets old and lots of water and debris hits the bottom of that spot on the mirror causing breakdown of it. When I took mine out they literally fell apart in my hand.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erlin