What did you do to your NBS GMT800 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

02_Tahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
IMG_1212.JPG
The mirrors turned out much better. The clear coat has the orange peel finish but I'll fix that in about 5 days when it's cured. I took a different approach at the mirrors than I did at the bumper so I'll fix my write up tonight and put what I did this time. Main difference was I used filler primer instead of adhesive promoting primer

kwOH

Banned
Reaction score
View attachment 79640
The mirrors turned out much better. The clear coat has the orange peel finish but I'll fix that in about 5 days when it's cured. I took a different approach at the mirrors than I did at the bumper so I'll fix my write up tonight and put what I did this time. Main difference was I used filler primer instead of adhesive promoting primer
Surprising how much of a difference that makes, looks great.

Sent from iPhone 7 plus using Tapatalk Pro

Fosscore

Full Access Member
Reaction score
View attachment 79640

Painting the whole mirror assembly vs just the cap turns out so much cleaner.

I did the same and have been very happy with it since I had it done.

Nice work. :thumbsup:

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
View attachment 79640
Can you take some more close-up pictures?

02_Tahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Can you take some more close-up pictures?
I will tomorrow, by time the other mirror dried enough for me to put it on it was too dark to get a good picture. I don't have school tomorrow cause if spring break so hopefully I can get a pic of it in the mid day sun.

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
I will tomorrow, by time the other mirror dried enough for me to put it on it was too dark to get a good picture. I don't have school tomorrow cause if spring break so hopefully I can get a pic of it in the mid day sun.
How did they dry? If they're still a little tacky, and you drive, they could get a little messed up. Bugs, debris etc can damage them or stick to them.

02_Tahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How did they dry? If they're still a little tacky, and you drive, they could get a little messed up. Bugs, debris etc can damage them or stick to them.
That's why I didn't drive. I let it dry to where I wouldn't get finger prints on them and I'm going to let them sit overnight

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JayHow