What did you do to your NBS GMT800 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
An impact would've been nice (I think an electric one from HF is in my future). First, I had taken the wheel off and hit everything I needed to touch with PB the day before. When it came to the axle nut, I had seen arguments over the size, 36 or 35, mine is 35. I put a torch on it for a minute and used a piece of 1/2" rigid to hold it and about a 2' piece of 1" on my handle for leverage like this :

View attachment 79696

I just flipped it the opposite way to reinstall, and torqued to 135.

I didn't bother with the T55 caliper bolts. I compressed it with a C clamp, pulled the 2 18mm bracket bolts, and lifted the whole caliper assembly off in one piece.

Used the 2 wrench trick to crack the 3 15mm bolts for the hub, they came fairly easily. The hardest part was breaking the hub loose from the spindle. I shot the seam with PB, beat the hell out of it with a 3 lb sledge, and ended up using a cold chisel to help "walk" it out. I'm sure my neighbors loved it, I probably hit that thing 100 times.
Great tips, thanks. I'm hoping since I don't have any rust I wont bother the neighbors lol.

HiHoeSilver

Away!
Reaction score
They came like that. They are Dorman.

They are the only ones I could get quickly local. I didn't originally plan on changing them. I was happy to see black because I'm planning on black rotors. I still haven't made a final decision, but probably the ones that @Red Rocket got with the red calipers.

02_Tahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
this looks great, still have to get mine off to paint them the same way.

Did you take everything apart and paint, or did you paint is as a unit?

also, did you sand down the plastic smooth before paint?
I took the mirror off. And yes painted it as a unit. I would definitely recommend sanding till you can't see the dimples in the plastic anymore. I have a whole write up, I'm going to fix it really quick and I'll give you the link

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RayRay86