What did you do to your NBS GMT800 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sumo

dn ʇǝƃ ʇuɐɔ & llǝɟ ı
Reaction score
replaced my 1 spacer with a 1.5 spacer in the rear. Got my Esky spoiler painted, install with red lens tomorrow. Hopefully Putco 3rd led will be finished being tinted as well as my other tails so i can get them installed.

TheFuzz

Idiot Police
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Today, I rewired the 12v connection for the brakes on the Suburban. For some reason, whoever installed the stereo tapped into the main 12v wire going to the brake light switch using t-taps...and over time the connection weakened until the wire broke leaving me with no brake lights. :emotions122: I hate shoddy work, especially if it makes the vehicle unsafe.

After that, I did a basic maintenance inspection and found that the air filter was filthy. Right then and there I decided that with 230K on the truck, I might as well dive in. Pulled the old filter out and dropped in a Wix heavy duty replacement filter (no point in spending the extra $15 on an AC/Delco OEM replacement since I'm getting an AEM for it soon). Pulled the MAF sensor (which was filthy) and cleaned it up, and pulled the intake tube to clean out the TB, which was pretty nasty too. Then I pulled the PCV valve, and was rather surprised...I'm fairly certain that it was the original one installed from the factory. It was corroded, caked with carbon/oil sluge build up, and after hitting it with some brake parts cleaner, I found that there was no valve inside it...? I could look straight through the thing. Is that normal? I thought there was a ball that was supposed to rattle in the PCV valve, but it was totally hollow. I tried to replace it, but the local store didn't have the right one in stock. I'll get a new one next week.

After that, I ran some seafoam through the motor, and put the rest in the crankcase. I fired it back up after about 15 minutes, did the smoke show thing through my neighborhood and up to the gas station, and gassed up. I threw some Lucas treatment into the tank for the heck of it.

Not bad for a couple hours worth of work. The truck is running better than it has in years, I'm sure. My sister in law (who I got the truck from), said that she was getting about 9mpg. I'm sure that had alot to do with the lack of maintenance. I'll keep an eye on this tank and see what kind of numbers it gets now that most of the PM is caught up.

gdddup

Full Access Member
Reaction score
wash, spray wax, interior panels dressed, cleaned n treated the leather
also replaced the 4wd switch hopefully it fixes the random service 4wd light

waxworkz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
finished installing my e-fans, they now work. thanks chris for the help

BillBlatt18

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Finally took off the Chrome buckets. Makes suuuuch a difference. Imo
4a4c355b-6ffe-76fc.jpg
4a4c355b-7016-ac0e.jpg

The tape Shit is a pita to get off. I haven't gotten all of it off yet. Ran outta Goo gone

Sent from my HTC THUNDERBOLT using tapatalk

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
wow 05nali....that makes a world of difference! I like the change! :waytogo:

ntxstallion

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Finally got my DIC grafted in now time for the custom fiberglass or just throw in the denali console that I have.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WhiteHOE20