What did you do to your NBS GMT800 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gdddup

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yesterday i painted the feet and polished the rails to my stock roof rack
this morning painted the gmc badge and installed th eroof rack
IMAG0428.jpg
IMAG0426.jpg

gdddup

Full Access Member
Reaction score
lol great minds think alike... no chrome. its just the original rails stripped and mirror polished.

BillBlatt18

Full Access Member
Reaction score
does it look like chrome in person? Wanna make sure it matches the rest of the truck

---------- Post added at 06:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:18 PM ----------

Also, how did you do it and do you have any more pics?

gdddup

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Last night sprayed the lower valance satin black.
This morning re-installed the valance and added a 05-06 bumper extender
IMAG0429.jpg

Last edited:

My01yuk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Last night sprayed the lower valance satin black.
This morning re-installed the valance and added a 05-06 bumper extender
IMAG0429.jpg

Damn bro, you have just given me 3 new mods that I had never thought of. Thanks, the roof rack is by far my favorite of the three. Looks nice and clean. So am I understanding your write-up correctly on the roof rack? You sanded and buffed it to the shine? You didn't have anyting put on it?

---------- Post added at 11:04 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:01 AM ----------

I cleaned the shit out of the kon, inside/outside and under the hood. I love my 22's but damn it's a pita to get clean and get the smudges off.

Last edited:

jem556

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yesterday evening I installed these LED tails and I guess I have mixed feelings about them.

Pic from HIDguy website:

picture.jpg

All the leds illuminate as turn signal and brake light.
The clear section uses factory backup bulb.
The small lower red section is just a non-illuminated reflector.

First impressions:

Look pretty good from the rear, but there is hardly any illumination of the side (wrap-around) section of the tail lens. I guess maybe they are all this way?

Anyway, here's a vid I made in a hurry...

Evening Light:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3G199EY3Vc4

Night Time:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZdP4rOT_TwA

gdddup

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Damn bro, you have just given me 3 new mods that I had never thought of. Thanks, the roof rack is by far my favorite of the three. Looks nice and clean. So am I understanding your write-up correctly on the roof rack? You sanded and buffed it to the shine? You didn't have anyting put on it?

---------- Post added at 11:04 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:01 AM ----------

I cleaned the shit out of the kon, inside/outside and under the hood. I love my 22's but damn it's a pita to get clean and get the smudges off.

thanks i stripped all the oringal paint off then began dry sanding with 180 and 220. then wetsanded with 400, 600, 800, 1000, then polished with my buffer and 3m compound. there are other ways of doing this. try to google polished aluminum to get more techniques.

....today i washed the beast

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MRBJU52