What did you do to your NBS GMT800 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MrBalll

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No screws, just adhesive.

I pretty much used some 40lb fishing line to get the molding started. Then after I was able to get my fingers in there I used a hair dryer just to heat it up a little more and just heated with one hand and pulled with the other.

I was lucky and the back piece pulled all the adhesive with it, thank you Texas heat. The front didn't pull very much adhesive with it. I went and bought an eraser wheel, but didn't like the wax it left behind, so I just used some Goo Gone and squirted it directly on the adhesive, let it sit for five minutes then re-squirted it with Goo Gone then waited about three minutes and just "pushed" the adhesive off with my thumbs.

After all the adhesive came off I just cleaned the area with some Simple Green All Purpose Cleaner to get all the Goo Gone off.

After that I let it dry for a few minutes so any leftover adhesive would show up. There wasn't much so I just squirted some Goo Gone on a paper towel and rubbed fairly hard and it came off. Then I just hit it with Simple Green again and then wiped the area with a microfiber towel.

In total it probably took me about 1.5 hours for the front and back door all together.

I would recommend letting the truck sit in the sun for a few hours then taking it inside somewhere. That is what I did. Like I said the Texas heat really helped to initially loosen up the adhesive.

Left over mess after pulling off the front, notice how clean the back piece came off. All I had to was Simple Green it.
dsc0052m.jpg

This was all the was left over after Goo Gone and one clean with Simple Green, notice the top. Like I said, just use the Goo Gone on this and it comes right off.
dsc0055kw.jpg

Very pleased with how it looks.

Last edited:

ajaxnxs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks good and Yeah @ 102 today here in Tyler so I can imagine it helped heat that thing up!

ezdaar

Chat Troll
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Did a power steering flush last night. lol took about 10 mins on a hydroboost setup..
The old fluid was coal black and smelled so bad.
It took aprox 3 quarts to get the fluid completly clear.

Dunno if its all in my head, but it seems my idle is smoother, throttle response got better and even feels like it gained alil power... I can now turn my steering wheel with one finger, so I know it helped alot..
If the heat dont kill me, will be doing brake flush tomarrow...

Prolly all in my head, as I finished my elec fan install the same day and still getting used to free flowing exhaust and the Blackbear tune....

Forsure got me hooked on modding again...
Allready planning for underdrive pully, cam and stall... :rocking:

Last edited:

gdddup

Full Access Member
Reaction score
started my truck for the first time in 5 days then removed the vent caps and started fiberglassing them smooth

yukon2004

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No screws, just adhesive.

I pretty much used some 40lb fishing line to get the molding started. Then after I was able to get my fingers in there I used a hair dryer just to heat it up a little more and just heated with one hand and pulled with the other.

I was lucky and the back piece pulled all the adhesive with it, thank you Texas heat. The front didn't pull very much adhesive with it. I went and bought an eraser wheel, but didn't like the wax it left behind, so I just used some Goo Gone and squirted it directly on the adhesive, let it sit for five minutes then re-squirted it with Goo Gone then waited about three minutes and just "pushed" the adhesive off with my thumbs.

After all the adhesive came off I just cleaned the area with some Simple Green All Purpose Cleaner to get all the Goo Gone off.

After that I let it dry for a few minutes so any leftover adhesive would show up. There wasn't much so I just squirted some Goo Gone on a paper towel and rubbed fairly hard and it came off. Then I just hit it with Simple Green again and then wiped the area with a microfiber towel.

In total it probably took me about 1.5 hours for the front and back door all together.

I would recommend letting the truck sit in the sun for a few hours then taking it inside somewhere. That is what I did. Like I said the Texas heat really helped to initially loosen up the adhesive.

Left over mess after pulling off the front, notice how clean the back piece came off. All I had to was Simple Green it.
dsc0052m.jpg

This was all the was left over after Goo Gone and one clean with Simple Green, notice the top. Like I said, just use the Goo Gone on this and it comes right off.
dsc0055kw.jpg

Very pleased with how it looks.

Thanks a bunch... I'm moving next weekend, so I might give this a try in a couple of weeks. Not a fan of the chrome that is on the Yukon moldings...

tvone

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Oil change with 5W-30 synthetic blend.
Tire pressure and rotate
Diffential and transfer case fluid check
Added some coolant
Greased the front end
Cleaned the windows
Vaccumed the interior
Checked brakes pads and fluid
Transmission fluid checked. Looks good on color but a little overfilled.

Discovered missing jack accessories.
Screwed in my new plates.
Added new registration

Rivieraracing

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I tortured my truck all weekend, pics and videos will be posted up as soon as I can get them from my brother in law!! Poor truck!! ;>)

MrBalll

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks good, yukon2004. Does it look lower to the ground in person? A friend told me if I took mine off it would look lower. Didn't really make sense to me since you're removing about five or six inches off the bottom of the truck. Just wondering if you thought it was lower looking.

I finished removing the side molding today. Love the way it looks. only thing left are the LT emblems. Kind of want to keep them on for some reason. Everything else has been removed.
dsc0053uj.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MRBJU52

Latest posts