What did you do to your NBS GMT800 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DougAMiller

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Came up with a solution for those ridiculously expensive puddle lights that break no matter how carefully you try to remove them. I know a lot of you guys have had the tab that holds them in break off, but I came up with a simple fix for it. I took a 1/4 inch wide strip of stainless steel sheet (if you have any old 3.5 inch floppy disks still laying around, many of them used stainless for the sliding port cover, that is what I used) and bent it into this shape.
upload_2020-9-8_20-47-48.png
Then I glued it to the side of the light where the broken-off tab was. It pops in and holds it perfectly, and with that short tab at the bottom, you can catch it with a flat screwdriver and pull the tab in to remove it. Best part, it didn't cost a dime and works just like it should.

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
Came up with a solution for those ridiculously expensive puddle lights that break no matter how carefully you try to remove them. I know a lot of you guys have had the tab that holds them in break off, but I came up with a simple fix for it. I took a 1/4 inch wide strip of stainless steel sheet (if you have any old 3.5 inch floppy disks still laying around, many of them used stainless for the sliding port cover, that is what I used) and bent it into this shape.
View attachment 256918
Then I glued it to the side of the light where the broken-off tab was. It pops in and holds it perfectly, and with that short tab at the bottom, you can catch it with a flat screwdriver and pull the tab in to remove it. Best part, it didn't cost a dime and works just like it should.
Got a pic of yours?

Sam Harris

Supporting Member
Reaction score
View attachment 256918
Nice!! Thanks for the tip!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Burgy