What did you do to your NBS GMT800 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Stonefort

Full Access Member
Reaction score
All right you guys have convinced me so I just ordered the Cerakote. I need to either apply trim dressing or this so this it is. I sure wish doing detail work was as easy as ordering products. I don’t know how many waxes and coatings I have on the shelf but not much on the trucks dammit.:mad:

I try not to make eye contact with the row of waxes and detailing products as I walk by that section of my garage.

But with that said my ceracote plastic wipes should be here Wednesday.

Sam Harris

Supporting Member
Reaction score
my truck took me maybe 20 minutes and 4 packets. you literally just wipe it on. and its all glossy as you wipe. cant miss where you've already been with the wipe. im pretty amazed how good it looks instantly.
I thought you had to be super careful to get all other products off, or it would leave a mismatched (semi-permanent) finish ? You didn’t clean with alcohol, etc...? This is probably my biggest concern, since I regularly apply VRP to my rig. Don’t want to have a bunch of lighter spots or something..!

mwilson62000

Supporting Member
Reaction score
All right you guys have convinced me so I just ordered the Cerakote. I need to either apply trim dressing or this so this it is. I sure wish doing detail work was as easy as ordering products. I don’t know how many waxes and coatings I have on the shelf but not much on the trucks dammit.:mad:
Looking good! I still need to get mine applied! Never have the time to properly clean all the plastics..!

2nd that. It’s been in my Amazon cart for a couple weeks. Going to go ahead and order also. Tired of using Tire dressing that lasts until it rains.

mwilson62000

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I thought you had to be super careful to get all other products off, or it would leave a mismatched (semi-permanent) finish ? You didn’t clean with alcohol, etc...? This is probably my biggest concern, since I regularly apply VRP to my rig. Don’t want to have a bunch of lighter spots or something..!

This was my concern also. Didn’t someone post they used Dawn to “degrease” everything first, let dry, then apply.

Stonefort

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was going to do dawn a fee times then 90% iso alcohol...but I will prob read the instructions first. Definitely going to wear gloves, I don't know what that ceracoat stuff is but if it's as tough as they say I don't want it on my skin.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I try not to make eye contact with the row of waxes and detailing products as I walk by that section of my garage.

But with that said my ceracote plastic wipes should be here Wednesday.

Thats part of the reason I built cabinets with sliding doors so I can hide all of it. I don’t need the guilt.:(

I was going to do dawn a fee times then 90% iso alcohol...but I will prob read the instructions first. Definitely going to wear gloves, I don't know what that ceracoat stuff is but if it's as tough as they say I don't want it on my skin.

But it might make your skin ageless. You’ll never get old!:D

TollKeeper

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Polished the headlights, and half fixed the sun roof on my Esky.

Diagnosed the rear suspension problem, and door chime.

Debating if I want to replace with another set of Z55 suspension components, or go without. Either way, I need the air ride, don't really need the Magnaride or what ever is called.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Polished the headlights, and half fixed the sun roof on my Esky.

Diagnosed the rear suspension problem, and door chime.

Debating if I want to replace with another set of Z55 suspension components, or go without. Either way, I need the air ride, don't really need the Magnaride or what ever is called.
You can go with Arnotts shocks that retain auto level but not magnetic damping for less that the OEM stuff and it has a lifetime warranty.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DwaneM