What did you do to your NBS GMT800 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

01HDtahoeNJN

Shredding Gnar Daily
Reaction score
Without corduroy!

- It appears that the gap between my rear glass and the vent caps is now quite a bit bigger then it was with the original caps. I want to say at least a 1/4 inch more.

-----> Is that normal/possible due to the tolerances of the plastic piece?
-----> Anything to worry about?

Thanks.

yes there's going to be a gap because the esky third brake light flares up a 1/4 inch higher then kons and hoes... Only way to fix that is to get the esky third brake light :D which looks like a direct swap with your Yukon since the glass is shorter than most

JochenWoern

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yes there's going to be a gap because the esky third brake light flares up a 1/4 inch higher then kons and hoes... Only way to fix that is to get the esky third brake light :D which looks like a direct swap with your Yukon since the glass is shorter than most

Thanks Garry, that makes sense.

---------- Post added at 12:20 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:17 AM ----------

Looks great J dubya! As for the gap, not a big deal but I can tell it bothers you.

Thanks Chauncey.

Now that I know there is a reason for the gap (thanks again Garry), it no longer bothers me at all.
I just could not figure out what was going on there and I also could not figure out what I could have possibly done wrong during the install.

It's all good now though, thanks again!

01HDtahoeNJN

Shredding Gnar Daily
Reaction score
I thought the same thing when I put mine in haha.. Everything looks great btw jaydubya.. I want to do esky 3rd brake light but need the light wing and hatch glass your one step ahead seems your glass would work easily....
I received the biggest part of my much needed 1999-2002 HD front end aka HDHO
The HD grille!!!
Will look something like this but with a color matched bumper cap
45733273-44ca-08fa.jpg

45733273-44d6-d512.jpg

jdpber

GOLD MEMBER
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Jammed some crisp warm tunes on the drive to the office... need the next step in my audio build.. yes its an ongoing build to SQ greatness...

01HDtahoeNJN

Shredding Gnar Daily
Reaction score
I finally did the free travel mod today, replaced my rear coils and added helper bags...the only problem is the drivers side is sitting higher than the passenger side and I'm pissed!

Sent from my iPhone 4 using Tapatalk

Is there a how to link for this!?!

JochenWoern

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I thought the same thing when I put mine in haha.. Everything looks great btw jaydubya.. I want to do esky 3rd brake light but need the light wing and hatch glass your one step ahead seems your glass would work easily....
I received the biggest part of my much needed 1999-2002 HD front end aka HDHO
The HD grille!!!
Thanks.

Is there a difference between the Yukon and Tahoe rear glass? Why would mine work?

OHSIXX

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm wondering the same thing about mine...which glass works and which doesn't. Are you able to just 'add' the third brake light assembly?....I thought I read they were epoxied in place to the glass........

kses123

kses123
Reaction score
The Tahoe/Yukon glass is the same. They had the plastic hinges moulded onto the glass from 2000-early 2005. In 2005, the dropped the moulding around the glass and its just flat with a handle screwed into the glass. The hinges became metal and were glued to the glass. Also, in 2005, the Tahoe/Yukon glass got that plastic applique piece at the top. It is held on there by three screws and 3M tape.

The Escalade glass had the same moulding around the glass until 2005. It then got the metal hinges, etc. The applique that holds the brake light is held on by three screws and 3M tape. Unfortunately, the three holes are in a different spot on the Escalade glass compared to the Tahoe/Yukon glass.

You can always just buy the Escalade applique and brake light and 3M tape it on there. That stuff is really strong and would hold up just fine. You could add as much as you'd like. It is much cheaper than buying the $600 glass/brake light combo!

OHSIXX

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks a bunch for the clarification.......guess I will be on the look out for a third brake light......I've used 3M tape in the past for body moldings and such and the stuff won't let go without a good fight ;)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
burdbrain68