What did you do to your NBS GMT800 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JKmotorsports

Rollin the boosted grocery-getter
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Replaced the throttle body. ETC motor quit about halfway home from work and went into Reduced Power mode. Took about an hour to go 15 miles. Damn dbw system...

HitandRunDriver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ordered $80 bucks in LED's just now.....

And a 35 watt 3K HID setup for my fogs from DDMTuning... :)

Last edited:

oak510_tahoe

Urban Assault
Reaction score
Painted that rear piece between the rear windows. Painted it white, but dam its too white now, so going to have to spray a little more clear and buff.

Used this Paint that goes off the OEM paint codes:
TahoePics010.gif

Result:
TahoePics022.gif

ah looks like crap.

Last edited:

thehoe92

fo sho
Reaction score
actually that looks killer!!
I'm not a fan of the color matched vent caps on a light color hoe/kon but if you get it spot on then it looks good

how did you prep it?
also is that a caddy third brake light assembly?

oak510_tahoe

Urban Assault
Reaction score
Thanks, I did it after seeing another members Tahoe with the painted vents too. As for mine I think in person the color difference looks worse! lol

-Removed & cleaned the vents
-Wet Sanded ( with 1000grit, probably the wrong grit but its what I had )
-Cleaned again.
-Primer
-Wet Sand
-Primer ( x 2)
-5-6 Coats of the white
-3-4 Coats of clear

Needs to cure then be buffed. but rain in the forecast tomorrow.

and negative on the 3rd light, its the OEM one.

Last edited:

thehoe92

fo sho
Reaction score
looking at the picture again it does look a little matte but nothing some buffing and more clear can't take care of!!

thanks for the steps, I'm debating whether or not to paint mine body color before I get some smoothies just to make it look cleaner for the time being

oak510_tahoe

Urban Assault
Reaction score
looking at the picture again it does look a little matte but nothing some buffing and more clear can't take care of!!

thanks for the steps, I'm debating whether or not to paint mine body color before I get some smoothies just to make it look cleaner for the time being

In the same boat myself, I really want the Esky vents, and I want to swap my rear window for the one with the handle that blends in. Instead of this:

alex-at-23rd-2.gif

01TX_Tahoe

Semper Fi
Reaction score
in the past few weeks i've installed new brake pads, factory style fender flares, new fuel pump, new fuel filter, replaced reverse lights, and brake lights w/LEDs, installed a Viper alarm, installed a new Pioneer radio (cause someone wanted my old one more than i did), replaced the door handle (because the same person who wanted my radio didn't have the key) LOL, replaced the key cylinder for the same reason as the door handle, bought a corvette servo, bosch fusion spark plugs, and i think thats it.... for now!

yukondoit

Stay Classy
Reaction score
I like it man, I've been thnkin about getting one of those one of these days.
It looks like it bulges out in the middle.. Or is it just the camera?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Burgy