What did you do to your NBS GMT800 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TailHook

Tattooed Millionaire
Reaction score
I was going to do the same thing, these are really nice though, very good quality, same as OEM.. So glad i heard about them before i ripped them apart.. Here are the pics, not the best, they do not do it justice.. i will try to get higher res and a better angle..

Looks great...I am anxiously awaiting the arrival of the brown truck, hopefully before the weekend.

bottomline2000

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Upgraded my Big 3

had to get some better wire. Too much resistance in the old stuff. More like the big 4 now.:shocked:

async

DaRosa218

The Dude abides
Reaction score
Well after getting pulled over by my local city Police Department, here's what I had to do today :(

Removed front side window tinting since they were 5%, 26708.5 of the Califonia Vehicle Code
Removed my 10K HID's, apparently illegal in California, 25950(a) of the California Vehicle Code
and a verbal warning for tinted license plate covers.

So now I have factory tinted front windows, back to Sylvania Ultra's and removed the damn plate covers.
:emotions122:

Last edited:

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well after getting pulled over by my local city Police Department, here's what I had to do today :(

Removed front side window tinting since they were 5%, 26708.5 of the Califonia Vehicle Code
Removed my 10K HID's, apparently illegal in California, 25950(a) of the California Vehicle Code

So now I have factory tinted front windows, back to Sylvania Ultra's and removed the damn plate covers.

One of the reasons I'm glad I don't live in Cali :whymewhyme:

wilmas4life

Reaction score
Had to replace the the front ball joints, allignment, replaced front sway bar bushings, rear differential serviced. HAPPY NEW YEAR!! :emotions122:

Physh1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Removed front side window tinting since they were 5%,
Removed my 10K HID's, apparently illegal in California,
It is illegal in all states and most other countries around the world to retrofit HIDs into any vehicle that did not originally come equipped with them. You got yanked because you're running 10k's. You run 6k or lower you're probably ok. If you're running the HID's in stock lenses than you're also causing glare which could have gotten someones attention as well.

Tinted windows I've been busted for a few times. I'm usually fined ~$90 on my fix it tickets...that's what it costs to redo the tint. So you can either pay the fine & keep the tint or take the tint off, have the ticket signed, than decide if you want to re-tint or not.

Cameron

Last edited:

tybardy

everyone needs a Hoe
Reaction score
I run 5k HIDs without exception... 10k is to crazy blue for me anyway, kinda washes everything away. Like Physh said, drop the heat down and you will be fine.

Physh1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
One of the reasons I'm glad I don't live in Cali :whymewhyme:
Honestly, not sure what Cali has to do with it. Dark dark tint is illegal in many states & HID retros are illegal in all states. Now California cops are good at one thing...pulling you over for 1 thing, say glare from your HID's, than citing you for the other obvious illegal things you've got.

Cameron

dwmmatt23

Full Access Member
Reaction score

been there done that, switch the 10k's to 6k and you wont have a problem. there definately worth it to have HID. put 6k's in fogs too, i have them in my z71 and love them. where abouts in cali are you?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Burgy