What did you do to your NBS GMT800 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
Ohhh I just love it when what was a simple seat heating pad replacement turns into a major project

I may have tracked down my seat height issue. I think the connector underneath was clocked wrong. Pull it out, clock it right, put it back. But that wasn't so easy because the schmuck that was in there before me saw fit to strip the hell out of the threads.

Then the seat pad I got from rock auto had either the wiring or the adhesive on the wrong side, so I had to mess with my seat wiring to get that to reach

Now onto the back seat heater... I can't wait to see what I find there

Oh... And the previous owner managed to spill inhuman amounts of coffee... The damn seat had coffee-sickles dripping off it. Ugh wish me luck this turned into way more of a time suck than I wanted it to
Isn't that always the way tho? What , in theory, should take an hr or two turns into 4 or more hrs! Happens to me every time.

Last edited:

Searay45db

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How about this for a simple thread. I know a lot of us do simple stuff to our trucks everyday and we don't make a new thread for everything we do. So if you did something neat, simple, or just want to brag about a new cool piece you threw on your ride post it up. I figure this thread will also bring inspiration to others as well.

I'll start.....

Today I did some spring cleaning to the my '01 Tahoe. I washed it and cleaned out the inside. I also ordered some new JL audio speakers for the doors and front and rear Weathertech floor mats. I also put some sound deadening material in the doors.

Jack your post count up, and post away.
-Ben
I put in a MagnaFlo 24x9 Oval, biggest they make. Vroom Vroom....

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Aaaaand the seat back.. same gig with the wiring

I wonder if doorman intended to glue to the seat cover and not the seat foam as came from the factory
Do those heater pads come right and left? Maybe you have the wrong side?

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Aaaaand the seat back.. same gig with the wiring

I wonder if doorman intended to glue to the seat cover and not the seat foam as came from the factory
I don't see how you could replace the cover with a heater pad glued to it, you have to stretch it and fit it.

SnowDrifter

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Washington. The desert side not the Starbucks side
Isn't that always the way tho? What , in theory, should take an hr or two turns into 4 or more hrs! Happens to me every time.

Yup every time :rotflmao:

Do those heater pads come right and left? Maybe you have the wrong side?
The only option I had when I ordered was for the bottom of the seat or the back support. No right and left

I don't see how you could replace the cover with a heater pad glued to it, you have to stretch it and fit it.

No idea. They both are like that. I ended up gluing the back pad to the seat cover to get the wiring in the proper spot. I didn't feel like fussing with it otherwise because then I'd have to start disassembling connectors and running new conductors to get it to connect up. It would have been more effort to glue it to the foam then to just go to the cover. The back didn't present much issue doing it that way, so no biggie. Just reach inside and change the thing out by feel. The seat cushion wouldn't have worked with thay approach though.

In hindsight if I had some good spray adhesive I could have removed the straps and applied my own... but I would have had to either put the seat together or sit on a bucket to make a parts run :D

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
OK, now I have a question for anyone that's done this: I used 3/8 fuel line , which fits great, while running I hear it sucking vacuum now and it collapses , maybe 1/2 the diameter of the line. Is this normal? I noticed the stock line to the pcv is a hard line. Just took it for a ride around the block and it runs normal, floored it and it went great .I was thinking of maybe modding the stock hard line to work with the catch can , or should I just leave it as is? Any input is greatly appreciated.

Red_Raider

Full Access Member
Reaction score
New spark plugs and wires. She runs much better now. I don't think they had been changed in a while.

I also tried putting a "new" seat module. I still have no power to my driver seat as well as no heat to either side. I'm at a loss since I checked all of the wiring, and it looks to be in good order. Should I take it to the dealer for a reprogram or could it be the seat motor itself?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Burgy