What did you do to your NBS GMT800 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Sam Harris

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Topped off with 13.8 gallons of E85 @ $2.99/gal. 85 octane was priced at $3.49.

Now she's at 81% alcohol in the tank.

Thanking @Sam Harris for his tip on the local Alta stations. Been getting corn fuel there for several months now.
Yessir! Only place I know that has decent E85..!

Walchit

Full Access Member
Reaction score
did the master go dry at any point? if so you'll need to bleed the master. then re bleed the calipers.
The alignment shop added fluid, that was the first I heard of it leaking, but I think they said they added 24oz. I know the pedal has been spongy ever since I fixed the leaking bleeder valve. I pumped a ton of fluid out today with a harbor freight bleeder, and they don't feel much better. I had read something about using a scan tool to bleed the ABS or something.
All I ever wanted was an alignment so I didn't ruin these nice tires. Now I'm just tired of working on it lol.

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
The alignment shop added fluid, that was the first I heard of it leaking, but I think they said they added 24oz. I know the pedal has been spongy ever since I fixed the leaking bleeder valve. I pumped a ton of fluid out today with a harbor freight bleeder, and they don't feel much better. I had read something about using a scan tool to bleed the ABS or something.
All I ever wanted was an alignment so I didn't ruin these nice tires. Now I'm just tired of working on it lol.
I know you can bleed, or cycle the abs pump with the tech2.

Fless

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I've heard conflicting information over the years, but is E85 detrimental to a fuel system, even one that has been built to accommodate E85? I used to fill up with it quite often years ago and the truck seemed to run better on it, but when I read there may be long term deterioration of fuel system parts/hoses, I stopped using it all the time.

Newer vehicles use the same fuel system components except for anything that affects volume. More volume and larger injectors are needed.

A few comments you may find interesting: https://www.tahoeyukonforum.com/threads/e85.100381/post-1462326

Scottydoggs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
try bleeding the master, pump the brakes like your bleeding a caliper, but crack a line nut like a bleeder valve till it stops spitting air out. do both lines.

live2pull

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When I pulled my intake last month I did not pull the purge solenoid tube from the firewall side, I just left it connected and positioned out of the way.

Ended up popping a P0455. Gross evap leak.

I am assuming that as I was moving the tube around as I was working, the tube and fitting seal broke. And instead of rotating around the oring, the tube was rotating around the fitting. New tube fittings do not rotate and old tube fittings do. New tube installed, and codes cleared. We shall see if that fixes it.

Additionally , and this may get lost in the ethos, there are 2 different part numbers for said tube.
12578233 - 99-02
12575527 - 03-07
The difference is about 1/16" diameter on the firewall side, 03-07 being larger. Not sure is this is common knowledge or not.

Walchit

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks I will give that a shot, my wife is off today so I won't have to have the kids pump the brakes for me lol
Well, it still makes the woosh sound when you press the brakes, and feels pretty soft. I watched a video on checking the brake booster, and it seems like mine is holding vacuum. The only thing I can think of is air in the abs module, or maybe the module is just bad(I hope not, it looks expensive).
Trying to see if the guy my friend knows has a scanner that will do the abs bleed.

Walchit

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I also watched a guy that was manually bleeding the module, but he had welded up some square tubing with nuts and a bolt to hold down some little valves on the ends of the pumps. Then he loosened another little bolt, then said you can bleed the bleeder valves. Seems like a lot of work.

Scottydoggs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I also watched a guy that was manually bleeding the module, but he had welded up some square tubing with nuts and a bolt to hold down some little valves on the ends of the pumps. Then he loosened another little bolt, then said you can bleed the bleeder valves. Seems like a lot of work.
i could swear i just seen a vid somewhere about pulling the abs fuse then re bleed.

then ive also seen vids where you need a good scanner to set the abs module to bleed its self pretty much.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DMCO