What did you do to your NBS GMT800 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TheEnder53

Reaction score
@TheEnder53; How do you like the aftermarket sealed LED assemblies?

Did they come aligned pretty well / easy to get the beams aligned?

I have been looking at those for a while.
They came aligned very well.

Only issue I noticed was the housings not lining up perfectly with the headlight bracket. You think the 2 metal allen key things are in how they should be until you look down and realize that it’s ****-eyed because the bottom hole didn’t align up with the bottom hole on the bracket. Bend them into place and they’re great.

Very easy to align the beam too, no complaints so far. Wish the DRLs were a tad bit brighter.

Fless

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I was prompted to update my windshield wiper arms after a few recent posts. A few years ago I picked up a couple that I got off a Upull Suburban, 2001 I think it was. [ @Sam Harris remember that trip? ] They've been sitting in the garage and I forget about them until it's time to clear snow off the windshield, then it's too late to make it happen, so the recent reminders were good. The problem with the OE ones for my year is that, when cleaning or washing the windshield, I can't pull them up from the windshield more than 4 or 5 inches, and they won't "rest" in any position off the windshield.

I sanded and painted them earlier this week and installed them yesterday. Here's the difference between the older style and the new (2004 GM OE new on top; note the large hump that stops the arm from being able to get far above the windshield. I'm not sure why GM thought this would be a good design change). I can't tell if the hump is solid and could be ground down, or if that would leave a hole. Other than that hump, there's no difference between the two years. Both arms had two squirters on the DS and only one on the passenger side.

Now I'll be able to pull the wiper arms up off the windshield and they'll stay. A small win, but a very functional win.
20240627_172733-jpg.jpg

Last edited:

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
I was prompted to update my windshield wiper arms after a few recent posts. A few years ago I picked up a couple that I got off a Upull Suburban, 2001 I think it was. [ @Sam Harris remember that trip? ] They've been sitting in the garage and I forget about them until it's time to clear snow off the windshield, then it's too late to make it happen, so the recent reminders were good. The problem with the OE ones for my year is that, when cleaning or washing the windshield, I can't pull them up from the windshield more than 4 or 5 inches, and they won't "rest" in any position off the windshield.

I sanded and painted them earlier this week and installed them yesterday. Here's the difference between the older style and the new (2004 GM OE new on top; note the large hump that stops the arm from being able to get far above the windshield. I'm not sure why GM thought this would be a good design change). I can't tell if the hump is solid and could be ground down, or if that would leave a hole. Other than that hump, there's no difference between the two years. Both arms had two squirters on the DS and only one on the passenger side.

Now I'll be able to pull the wiper arms up off the windshield and they'll stay. A small win, but a very functional win.
View attachment 431345
I wonder if you shave that little hump off you'd get the same result.

Fless

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I wonder if you shave that little hump off you'd get the same result.

I was thinking that it might not be solid, and grinding it off might cause a hole to appear. Although I doubt something like that would matter and one could touch it up with some paint. I might try it with my old OE passenger one sometime when I have the grinder out.

dps01

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Shiny new parts…
Showed the 03 Z71 some love today and gave myself some piece of mind changing these out before failure….
Hopefully the replacement AC Delco parts go another 240K like the originals did.

Out with Old
IMG_0832.jpeg
In with New
IMG_0835.jpegIMG_0834.jpeg

Last edited:

redhat9

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Started this past Wednesday -- on the 2005 Tahoe Z71 with the 6.0 swap. Wanted to refresh the cooling system and add an oil cooler.

Lowered the front diff down a few inches, pulled the front driveshaft. Pulled the new K5L e-fans and snaked a new GM genuine (from an Escalade) oil cooler line assembly in there. Torqued the oil block on the side of the pan. Bought a M8 bolt to secure the cooler lines to the side of the block, Installed a new Denso 1-5/16" cored radiator. All new Gates hoses, new coolant crossover/air bleed pipe (mine was kinda rusty), new GM genuine water pump, new GM genuine thermostat, new coolant bottle. Also replaced the AC tensioner as the Gates one I had on there was getting kinda weak. Went GM genuine as well.

Also bought all new GM spring/constant tension clamps for all the new hoses. I found the current parts numbers from GM for a savannah van and they fit in all locations. I'll post up here sometime soon with the part numbers if anyone else is curious. It was easy since dealers usually can get the newer part numbers pretty easy (unless they're on CDK!). I used no worm drive clamps anymore, just the spring clamps. No leaks and everything is staying nice and cool.

I even bought the little black plastic oil cooler line clip that the two cooler lines snap into that then is secured to the back of the K5L fan assembly. Everything fit AWESOME and looks factory. So cool.

Also did an oil change, Out went 6 quarts of Mobil 1 Euro FS 0W-40 and a WIX 51522 and in wen 6 quarts of the same with a Microgard Select MSL51522 filter.

Man a lot of work and I'm beat. But I am happy!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mxd220