What did you do to your NNBS GMT900 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Crawled under it and remeasured the space I can cram mufflers in.
Time to make it sound nearly stock and still make 500+whp

About 52"? Or was it 63"...? I did this not long ago but I don't remember the maximum space available. I ended up with an 18" and 22". It was perfect with just the 18" when I had cats. But I needed that extra 22" to quiet it after losing them for the headers. It's not obtrusively loud at all now.

Last edited:

Just Fishing

Can't fix stupid
Reaction score
Fedex still didn't bother to deliver my bearings today. :thumbsdown:

My next order, i need to have a little chat with summit racing before i pay.
If they are going to continue this bs, i'm spending my money at Jeggs or somewhere else from now on.

also i broke out the vodka.
it's Russian and pretty damn good.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Fedex still didn't bother to deliver my bearings today. :thumbsdown:

My next order, i need to have a little chat with summit racing before i pay.
If they are going to continue this bs, i'm spending my money at Jeggs or somewhere else from now on.

also i broke out the vodka.
it's Russian and pretty damn good.
What BS? If you mean ship with FedEx good luck. That’s the company Amazon quit using because they’re never on time. Or almost never. And they don’t even admit they deliver late- they just change the delivery date over and over until it finally arrives. If you look at the packages they’ve delivered to you, you’ll see “actual delivery” with the date it was ACTUALLY DELIVERED! Not mentioning it was first scheduled 3-4 days prior and they changed the delivery date 3 times. I HATE FedEx, don’t get me started. Oh yeah...too late.:mad::mad::mad:

Just Fishing

Can't fix stupid
Reaction score
What BS? If you mean ship with FedEx good luck. That’s the company Amazon quit using because they’re never on time. Or almost never. And they don’t even admit they deliver late- they just change the delivery date over and over until it finally arrives. If you look at the packages they’ve delivered to you, you’ll see “actual delivery” with the date it was ACTUALLY DELIVERED! Not mentioning it was first scheduled 3-4 days prior and they changed the delivery date 3 times. I HATE FedEx, don’t get me started. Oh yeah...too late.:mad::mad::mad:

I'll be all like, "fedex sucks worse than usps yo!"

Then do some west side sign with my hands or what ever the kids to these days.

08z71bgm

Supporting Member
Reaction score
He meant changing distribution facilities from before payment to after payment.

RooTBeeRthe1st

Full Access Member
Reaction score
About 52"? Or was it 63"...? I did this not long ago but I don't remember the maximum space available. I ended up with an 18" and 22". It was perfect with just the 18" when I had cats. But I needed that extra 22" to quiet it after losing them for the headers. It's not obtrusively loud at all now.
From the crossmember after the third cat, back to the exhaust hangers in front of the axle, 40".
Since I have the three and a half inch stainless works exhaust on there, they have a little bend to go from the y-pipe and move it over a little so you can run a center inlet center outlet muffler.
From the end of that bend to the exhaust hanger is about 30"
The first thing I did to this exhaust was cut off the resonator on the stock system because it was hideous hanging underneath the back there behind the rear tire. So I really don't want to put anything on that section of exhaust again if I don't have to but we will see what I figure out... Turns out 3.5 in piping isn't as common as three or four... Not as many options as I was hoping for. Looking at some Walker quiet flow stuff, or maybe even a combination of different style flowmasters... A little disappointed in not finding what I want in the sizes I would like.
The two different mufflers I've tried after getting rid of the factory one, have both had drone to some degree and I really want to avoid that. However the factory muffler with no resonator didn't sound any different to me in the car.
I had a set of flowmaster dbx mufflers on my subaru, and I have one on my little 1.8 l Chevy LUV and on the Subaru they were barely noticeably louder than stock and had zero rasp and sounded decent. And on my little truck almost the same deal. Very quiet and zero rasp.
So I was trying to find one of those to use as a resonator if nothing else, but I would have to go up to a 4-in and when I do that it's a 20 inch long muffler so that doesn't leave much room for something else in there.

RooTBeeRthe1st

Full Access Member
Reaction score
On track is much worse than FedEx still... Those crooks told me they delivered my $1,300 TV (a few years back) and never even got near my place. Something like a day or two later they suddenly showed up and the damn screen was broken on it and the box was damaged. So then I had to wait for a return/exchange.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OmarRa