What did you do to your NNBS GMT900 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Drwinlied

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That's a fact! TONS of driving!! That's why on the way there we're slipping in Mount Rushmore then on the way back east we're swinging down to Colorado Springs to take in the Air Force Academy. We're splitting the travels into 2 days each anyway so might as well have a destination in mind to make the most of all of the driving. I calculated the approximate miles today (dumb idea) and we'll be traveling at least 2700 miles on the trip. Should spend a cool $1,000 just on gas :rolleyes:
That's probably a conservative estimate...sorry...

Sparksalot

Supporting Member
Reaction score
That's a fact! TONS of driving!! That's why on the way there we're slipping in Mount Rushmore then on the way back east we're swinging down to Colorado Springs to take in the Air Force Academy. We're splitting the travels into 2 days each anyway so might as well have a destination in mind to make the most of all of the driving. I calculated the approximate miles today (dumb idea) and we'll be traveling at least 2700 miles on the trip. Should spend a cool $1,000 just on gas :rolleyes:
I’m planning on a road trip to Wyoming and surrounding areas this summer. Probably close to 4,000 miles. At least I’m driving a ”Paid For” right now.

pwtr02ss

Full Access Member
Reaction score
man I knew they have lodges in Yellowstone but jezzus $969 a night? no........I aint ballin like that
Not only the price but you have to book super far ahead
I ended up getting an AirBnb down in Victor, Idaho. close to Jackson and Grand Tetons, a drive to Yellowstone but that's ok. Was reasonably priced (vs that $1k/night crap). Saw some stuff up in North Yellowstone, too, on the Montana side in the way of Airbnb and hotels.
We stayed in gardiner MT last time we went. Ended up staying at the comfort inn I think. Not a terrible joint but it was far from the place I would typically consider, especially for the price. I think we ended up paying over $300 a night for that 1 star joint. We came in from the north and stayed at Jackson hole the next night. Then the Hampton inn, in Cody. It was new and pretty nice. The first time we went, we came in from the south and stayed in west Yellowstone. All of those places are older lodges and extremely overpriced. Location location location, right?!

pwtr02ss

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Make sure you hit pikes peak while you're that close.

Geotrash

Dave
Supporting Member
Reaction score
ya there are some rooms in gardiner around $220 with a kitchen, stayed there before very small town but it's right at the north entrance to the park, the lodges are nice but holy cow, planing this out is a lot of driving, 2 days to get to one place up in western washington, then another 2 days to get to the park, spend 3 days there then another 2 days south haven't really figured that part out yet, if I hit Vegas on the way back i'm in trouble lol
Most of the campgrounds these days have cabins that you can rent as well, and they usually book up last because nobody ever thinks to check there. The campground at West Yellowstone holiday has some, As well as the fireside resort in Jackson Hole

Just Fishing

Can't fix stupid
Reaction score
filled up the washer fluid with bug juice, brake flush, new plugs & wires, m1 oil change.
might be heading out for another road trip in a few days kids are out of school for 2 weeks the district here does spring break early.
might take them to Disneyland & universal studios, depends on how much the darn tickets are it was ridiculous last time, probably more now.
probably head up to yellowstone in July and head down along the tetons and over to the grand canyon, maybe the northside this time, not sure how the highways run from that way gotta do a little research.

One day soon I hope, hoemare and I will be out and about.
:ehcapt:

Just Fishing

Can't fix stupid
Reaction score
and today is an engine cleaning and assembly day!

Wife ended up waking me up early yesterday morning, so i worked on the hoemare until i needed to sign into work.
Got the transmission pan pulled, and then the valve body.

I was happy to see no clutch material in the pan!
might have had just a little, but I did notice what might have been light slipping before i parked her.

I also noticed a headgasket available that would drop my static cr to 10.1
gets me down into the realm of regular fuel...

but then i sat down and did some math.
Assuming premium is just 30 cents more, that's about what $8 more per fuel up vs regular.

And assuming i would lose my precious lazy man low end power, that in turn grants me good fuel economy...
yeah, fk it, I'm sticking with 10.3:1 :jester:

and i'm seriously thinking about pulling the transmission while it's sitting there ready to drop out.
Going back and forth on it with my self.

One side, i can have the hoe back together pretty quickly at this point.
Other side, if i rebuild the transmission and replace all of the bearings, seals, pistons, and clutches.
Include all of the upgrades.
I should be problem free, assuming i don't fk it up and end up getting really good at pulling the transmission in turn.

Mostly new hoemare at that point.
:yaoface2:

I did some rough estimates on prices to do a full rebuild for just parts.
Right around $800 +/-
Since i already have a brand new pump on hand, otherwise add like $400 to that price.

But that would be with the upgraded 4-5-6 drum with the tig weld around the ring that cracks, and the Sonnax HD piston kit.
$400 right there. :jester:

Much thinking to do.
but waiting to pull the pump first.
If i see damage in the pump, then I'll tear it down either way.
If the pump is ok, then i get to do more thinking.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tahoe nate