What did you do to your NNBS GMT900 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

the_tool_man

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So they're removable? Can't the installer just pop them off, install tire, then pop them back on, or do they not remove easily?
Each one is held on from the back with two torx screws and a bunch of really strong foam tape. Removing and reinstalling is a chore. They also cost $72 EACH! So I don't want them popping off. In fact, a few are scratched from the PO's curbing. When I refinished the wheels I looked for some. But I've lived with it hoping to grab some for cheap somewhere.

Link to thread where I refinish wheels. Page 2 has a pic of a wheel without inserts.

Last edited:

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i Went with the whole corsa "cai"...definitely let the engine breathe better, through a lean code until i recalibrated the maf.
Sounds great though! Hoping it'll work with the whipple still.
Just getting rid of the stupid factory intake tube with the resonators makes a nice difference!

Im only at 157500...got a way to go still.

hahahaha, 88mph is where its at.
It won’t work with the Whipple. They’ll supply a tube that attaches to the factory airbox and a high flow filter.

RooTBeeRthe1st

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It won’t work with the Whipple. They’ll supply a tube that attaches to the factory airbox and a high flow filter.
Yeah, I have the tube that Whipple supplied, I'm hoping that that will fit the Corsa air box. Or at least hopefully I can easily modify something to make it all work.

89Suburban

Bull in the china shop
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You may have a bad parking brake sensor switch that's not detecting when the brake is engaged.

apply the parking brake, then look down around the assembly there is a switch they used to be a push button but it's probably a contact switch, might be hard to see but it's there. check it to see if it's stuck or if the contacts are dirty, got bent, etc.

I pulled this parking brake switch out and vacuumed up all nice and clean under there. It's a 7mm socket for the bolt. This style switch you can pop out the brass contacts and clean them up. There was some kind of a greasy varnish on them. I used my bench grinder wire wheel on slow speed and light pressure to clean the contacts up. Works like a charm now. Didn't get any after pics, temps are dropping here and I was in a rush. There is a locating pin sticking out of the back of the switch to help clock it into the correct position when reinstalling.

5C05FAED-5166-4953-BE9F-5F7F69A4BC41.jpeg

Just Fishing

Can't fix stupid
Reaction score
New fancy Sonnax 1-2-3-4 billet piston.
1648333037830.png

New 1-2-3-4 @ reverse drum all upgraded and assembled with fancy parts.
1648333114555.png

I spent way too long doing this. :jester:
I even deburred some parts that needed it.

Used the old transmission pump to air check it.
1648333204133.png
This thing is working very well.
:challenge:

Better than it did brand new out of the box... :jester:

Now it's time to start looking at wires since everything is super easy to get to.
plan is to flow some fresh solder into some of the grounds.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sparky23n