What did you do to your NNBS GMT900 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

StrkAliteN

Reaction score
How would I know or find out if my 2007 Yukon has a factory tow package?

I am researching brake controllers and I guess this is needed info.

I know enough about towing a trailer to be dangerous.

I have my VIN 1gkfk13047j283176

of course I have a tow hitch and wiring harness plug on the bumper.

What is a tow package ? and do I or do I not have it already on my Yukon ??

thanks in advance.

There is a trailer icon and button on the end of the drive selector arm on the steering console. When the button at the end is depressed a trailer icon appears on the instrument panel. I honestly have no clue what that feature even is or does. Have never towed anything with this rig. I am installing a brake controller and need this info as I am searching on etrailer for controller info - tutorials.

thanks in advance

RooTBeeRthe1st

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How would I know or find out if my 2007 Yukon has a factory tow package?

I am researching brake controllers and I guess this is needed info.

I know enough about towing a trailer to be dangerous.

I have my VIN 1gkfk13047j283176

of course I have a tow hitch and wiring harness plug on the bumper.

What is a tow package ? and do I or do I not have it already on my Yukon ??

thanks in advance.

There is a trailer icon and button on the end of the drive selector arm on the steering console. When the button at the end is depressed a trailer icon appears on the instrument panel. I honestly have no clue what that feature even is or does. Have never towed anything with this rig. I am installing a brake controller and need this info as I am searching on etrailer for controller info - tutorials.

thanks in advance
RPO codes

Z82 - TRAILERING EQUIPMENT
K5L - HEAVY DUTY TRAILERING PACKAGE

Thats the tow/haul button.
just a different trans tune. holds the trans in gear longer, lets the engine rev higher even with light throttle, keeps it out of 6th until like 80mph.

Last edited:

StrkAliteN

Reaction score
RPO codes

Z82 - TRAILERING EQUIPMENT
K5L - HEAVY DUTY TRAILERING PACKAGE

Thats the tow/haul button.
just a different trans tune. holds the trans in gear longer, lets the engine rev higher even with light throttle, keeps it out of 6th until like 80mph.

Yea neither of those 2 codes are listed on the glove box dealio sticker. So I would think it is safe to assume my Yukon does NOT have a factory tow package.

So that stated, chances are slim it has an oversized xmission cooler or anything similar I am guessing.

RooTBeeRthe1st

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yea neither of those 2 codes are listed on the glove box dealio sticker. So I would think it is safe to assume my Yukon does NOT have a factory tow package.

So that stated, chances are slim it has an oversized xmission cooler or anything similar I am guessing.
VR4 - WEIGHT DISTRIB. PLATFORM HITCH
K5L - HEAVY DUTY TRAILERING PACKAGE: * ENGINE OIL COOLING SYSTEM * TRANSMISSION OIL COOLER
KC4 - ENGINE OIL COOLING SYSTEM
KNP - HD AUX TRANS. COOLING SYSTEM

Don't worry about that trans cooler... The auxiliary OEM trans cooler is a joke.
If you're worried about trans temps, get one of the aftermarket units and put it in line in the system.
And if you're really worried about heat, definitely upgrade the radiator.

Last edited:

StrkAliteN

Reaction score
VR4 - WEIGHT DISTRIB. PLATFORM HITCH
K5L - HEAVY DUTY TRAILERING PACKAGE: * ENGINE OIL COOLING SYSTEM * TRANSMISSION OIL COOLER
KC4 - ENGINE OIL COOLING SYSTEM
KNP - HD AUX TRANS. COOLING SYSTEM

Don't worry about that trans cooler... The auxiliary OEM trans cooler is a joke.
If you're worried about trans temps, get one of the aftermarket units and put it in line in the system.
And if you're really worried about heat, definitely upgrade the radiator.
VR4 is the only code on my sheet of the 4 codes you listed
Thanks for the help

justchecking

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
They offered me some money back to compensate for my troubles. In the end I was happy. The seat still lacks the power to raise my 235 lbs but I need it all the way down and it only would need to go up if my wife drives. She has been instructed to press the memory button, wait for the seat to move and then get in. I think part of it is due to my not getting the large gear on perfectly true.
Same here, I need it all the way down. Anybody else will have to raise it up standing outside. Now my gear wouldn't quite slide on so I had to file the shaft a little bit. After the JB weld set up i spun the shaft and the gear was straight. When I popped the gear into the housing there was a bit for and aft play so not too tight. Then when I put in the worm gear and popped the top of the housing on it seemed to go on with no issues. Had I known I could have checked a couple more things, maybe some warm day I will. I will also contact Gruven.

drastevenson

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
So over the weekend, I installed my lLED head light bulbs, LED Fog light bulbs, full length 3rd brake light, 4th gen style tail lights, front sway bar end links and front brakes. I'll be working on the rear on e the weather gets a bit better here in Chicago
Can you link where you got the Tail lights?

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I pulled this parking brake switch out and vacuumed up all nice and clean under there. It's a 7mm socket for the bolt. This style switch you can pop out the brass contacts and clean them up. There was some kind of a greasy varnish on them. I used my bench grinder wire wheel on slow speed and light pressure to clean the contacts up. Works like a charm now. Didn't get any after pics, temps are dropping here and I was in a rush. There is a locating pin sticking out of the back of the switch to help clock it into the correct position when reinstalling.

View attachment 366535

I've fixed those by holding the release handle so the pedal didn't lock down and repeatedly cycling the pedal down and up. After a few cycles, you'll see the light working again.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
achurchman