What did you do to your NNBS GMT900 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

pwtr02ss

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Sparksalot

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I accidently sprayed the side of the hoemare with transmission fluid while doing air checks on the transmission rebuild.

That lead to some cleanup...
View attachment 368244

Man, it sure shines up with a little ATF!!
I learned that trick from my gandpa as a teen. He had learned it while working at a dealership before opening his own shop. A bit of ATF made all those used jalopies shine!

Reaction score
Damnit, will putting 75-90 synthetic gear oil with LS additive into something that doesn't need the LS additive make it operate weird?

Reaction score
Never seen or heard that it would cause an issue.
other way around and things go weird. :)
That's what I was thinking.

I'm wanting to change the transfer case and rear axle fluid in the Acadia. It takes 75w90 gear oil. The synthetic stuff I ordered has the LS additive in it. I didn't notice that when I ordered it. It was delivered a bit ago and I am noticing on the bottles that it has LS additive.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I'm wanting to change the transfer case and rear axle fluid in the Acadia. It takes 75w90 gear oil. The synthetic stuff I ordered has the LS additive in it. I didn't notice that when I ordered it. It was delivered a bit ago and I am noticing on the bottles that it has LS additive.
It won’t matter. You’re fine.

Just Fishing

Can't fix stupid
Reaction score

If it's wrong, then I did the same thing to the Wife's Buick.
And i have been doing the same thing to my rear and front axles for years.

I have never seen 75w90 synthetic available w/o the LS additive.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
racolson