What did you do to your NNBS GMT900 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

89Suburban

Bull in the china shop
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Check to make sure your door drains aren’t plugged up. The wiring in your doors shouldn’t be rusting imo.
Thanks they are fine. I had that problem with one of the rear doors when I got it and learned about the drain holes. There is always dampness in the doors in heavy rains or car wash. There was just enough of that white surface corrosion on the contacts to make it start to loose contact, but if you wiggled it it would work. The pin holes on the plug are so damn small there was no way to clean them. And when I tried to pop them out from the connector I damaged them. There is no vapor protection on the back of the speaker housings on these. And I have over 300K on the window seals so I am sure that is not helping.

RooTBeeRthe1st

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Reset it an rolled out of the driveway.
Set cruise to 55, was reading 15 and climbing when I exited the highway.
She plows some air, corns not helping that number either.
Normally with my driving, it stays around 8-8.5.

Attachments

• IMG_20221026_044524198.jpg
    IMG_20221026_044524198.jpg
    162.5 KB · Views: 6

89Suburban

Bull in the china shop
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Stumbled across this FWTW. Don't know whether it's BS or not. Thought I would share.

transmissions "failure mode" gear selections
So for example, a 4l80e and a 4t80e default to 2nd gear regardless of selection (past PRN) in failure mode

Caption to the chart was
Use the charts to see if the unit you have with wrong gear starts is in "Fail" or "No Power" mode. If so, you are probably looking for an electrical problem. If you have gears other than what is shown on this chart, you probably have a valve body or solenoid problem.

1666792928077.png

Geotrash

Dave
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Washed the 2007 yesterday after checking the forecast for today and seeing only a 10% chance of rain. By late last night the probability had gone up to 100%, and indeed we saw heavy rain for several hours today here on the Cape. Right back where I started, so will wash it again tomorrow. :) At least the temps have been warm and perfect for running.

89Suburban

Bull in the china shop
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Washed the 2007 yesterday after checking the forecast for today and seeing only a 10% chance of rain. By late last night the probability had gone up to 100%, and indeed we saw heavy rain for several hours today here on the Cape. Right back where I started, so will wash it again tomorrow. :) At least the temps have been warm and perfect for running.

Same here. I washed mine anyway leaves and road grime are making a mess. And nobody at the car wash so it's a win in my eyes.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Stumbled across this FWTW. Don't know whether it's BS or not. Thought I would share.

transmissions "failure mode" gear selections
So for example, a 4l80e and a 4t80e default to 2nd gear regardless of selection (past PRN) in failure mode

Caption to the chart was
Use the charts to see if the unit you have with wrong gear starts is in "Fail" or "No Power" mode. If so, you are probably looking for an electrical problem. If you have gears other than what is shown on this chart, you probably have a valve body or solenoid problem.

View attachment 383813
I know the 4l60 default when it’s in limp mode as I call it is 2nd no matter what you do with the shifter. My 02 was throwing a code (which didn’t show in the DIC) due to an electrical issue with the 2-3 shift solenoid. This put it in limp mode and drove me crazy. It’s a bear to take off in 2nd and have it not shift, keeps you driving pretty damn slow. I replaced that solenoid and that didn’t fix it, so I figured it was a wiring issue. Performabuilt told me their build doesn’t even use that solenoid so I should set that DTC to not report in the tune so I bought HPT and did that. No more problem.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
achurchman