What did you do to your NNBS GMT900 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

pwtr02ss

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Lmao, in Canada it says “Construction zone, road workers present”, Michigan doesnt **** around and simply puts signs with “Kill a worker - 7500$ fine and 15yrs in jail”

Still unsure whether it’s giving me a warning, challenge or just straight up a price tag.
Ya know, I thought the same damn thing. What a wild way to show your people their worth

pwtr02ss

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Started out with an oil change in the driveway on our 2007 this afternoon and ended up replacing the oil block-off plate gasket and the radiator as both were leaking. 2.5 hours for everything, including a trip to the parts store and a couple of beers. She (her name is Delilah) had been in the garage resting while my wife and I were traveling, and when I took her to the liquor store over lunch today I could smell that sweet coolant smell when I got home in the driveway. Coolant reservoir was just a hair low and I traced the leak to what I thought was a crack on the driver's side end tank near where the power steering cooler line passes by it, down low. Got the radiator out and the real leak was where the end tank and core meet. The gasket had started weeping pretty good, so I'm glad I got it out before our trip to Snowshoe coming up this weekend.

Ended up buying the replacement locally. It's a Carquest Premium because I didn't have time to wait for one to be shipped in. The core was the same 34" wide but is only 1" thick vs about 1.25" for the original. So I checked all of the units on Rock Auto and they're all the same 1" thick core. Presumably it will be okay, but my wife and I have a trip to Colorado planned in June pulling a cargo trailer, so fingers crossed.
Nice job.
Speaking of thicker core radiators, @iamdub (in his typical fashion), did a ton of research and found a thicker radiator for our trucks. I ordered one and it fit perfect. Only issue I had was that it was missing an oring behind the fitting for the upper trans line so it leaked until I figured out the problem. I can not find the part number but I'm pretty sure it was denso.

Hey Chris, did you happen to save that part number? For whatever reason, my email isn't finding that order.

Here are pics of it tho
63D78EAD-11A6-486F-BE6B-ABA5CBDAB8CB.jpegE48470EE-0D39-4C06-BCF6-2494CFF25FA7.jpeg

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nice job.
Speaking of thicker core radiators, @iamdub (in his typical fashion), did a ton of research and found a thicker radiator for our trucks. I ordered one and it fit perfect. Only issue I had was that it was missing an oring behind the fitting for the upper trans line so it leaked until I figured out the problem. I can not find the part number but I'm pretty sure it was denso.

Hey Chris, did you happen to save that part number? For whatever reason, my email isn't finding that order.

Here are pics of it tho
View attachment 389339View attachment 389340
it's probably the one from 1800radiator, 1 3/8" core it's a kenso or something like that I have one in mine.
you just choose 2012 yukon denali, with eoc it will show 2 available, one has a 1" core and one has a 1 3/8" core
it's the largest I could find with plastic sides, the oem one with k5l is 1 1/8"

Fless

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Nice job.

Here are pics of it tho
View attachment 389339View attachment 389340

This one has a Denso part number:

pwtr02ss

Full Access Member
Reaction score
it's probably the one from 1800radiator, 1 3/8" core it's a kenso or something like that I have one in mine.
you just choose 2012 yukon denali, with eoc it will show 2 available, one has a 1" core and one has a 1 3/8" core
it's the largest I could find with plastic sides, the oem one with k5l is 1 1/8"
It came from rockauto but it wasn't listed in the "compatible" section for the avalanche. I had to search the part number. 99% sure it was denso

pwtr02ss

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This one has a Denso part number:

Possibly. It seems like the one he ordered was different but I cant honestly remember. I took those pics for him during all this and for some reason, my email jumps from 1/24/21 to mid 2020. That pic was take 1/15/21 so I can't find the order. Chris Will remember it better than me

Edit: went through the pics I've sent him and found this. I imagine that's what I ordered...
C4343A03-5282-4067-B4D6-4F9B17387111.jpeg

Geotrash

Dave
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks a ton, gents! It’s interesting that the K5L package has a thinner core. I will run this one for a while, and squirrel away the part number for the Denso.

I have a cold case in my 2012, that has a 2 inch thick core, and it’s great, but I couldn’t get one locally. It’s been in there a year and a half, and working well.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sparky23n