What did you do to your NNBS GMT900 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

PG01

Supporting Member
Reaction score

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I honestly don't fully understand the difference but these things work well very well. if you order a amp clamp I'll be interested to see what you can load yours too.

I'll do like Wes and load it down with everything on. I'd like to know what my amp is pulling when I have that 10" throwing down, anyway.

my bcm sim came in today. I need to wire it in to see if it's going to work. I gotta resist the urge to take it apart and see what's inside it. don't wanna break it before I test it haha. I have a feeling it's just a small Arduino board inside of a big relay case and plug harness.

That's like me waaay back in the early 2000s. Before they were outlawed, I bought an O2 sensor simulator for my '02 S10 from an online source. Bad tune with a supercharger had the cat clogged by 30K miles so it was cut out. Not long after, the company and any other companies making and/or selling O2 sims were shut down. I was tempted to dissect mine and replicate it. Turns out, I didn't have to. A little research showed they were just a 555 square wave generator. That's all that was needed to keep the PCM happy.

I think there are still "performance chips" on ebay that are nothing more than a 5-cent resistor made to replace the IAT sensor. They epoxy it inside of a pretty case with some "racing" brand sticker on it and sell it for $xx.

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
4th E85 fill up and all I can say is wow. I don’t think I can go back to even premium fuel again. What a huge difference. The thing even sounds better with the stock exhaust. Shifts better, and don’t even have to barely push down the peddle, even while on the highway. I had an 07 V8 grand Cherokee that was E85 and it ran a little better but nothing like this thing. Pics just because.

No need for 91-93 if you have a reliable source for the corn. Better performance than the 91-93 but cheaper than the 87 (that you shouldn't be running, anyway)!

j91z28d1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'll do like Wes and load it down with everything on. I'd like to know what my amp is pulling when I have that 10" throwing down, anyway.

That's like me waaay back in the early 2000s. Before they were outlawed, I bought an O2 sensor simulator for my '02 S10 from an online source. Bad tune with a supercharger had the cat clogged by 30K miles so it was cut out. Not long after, the company and any other companies making and/or selling O2 sims were shut down. I was tempted to dissect mine and replicate it. Turns out, I didn't have to. A little research showed they were just a 555 square wave generator. That's all that was needed to keep the PCM happy.

I think there are still "performance chips" on ebay that are nothing more than a 5-cent resistor made to replace the IAT sensor. They epoxy it inside of a pretty case with some "racing" brand sticker on it and sell it for $xx.

haha I remember those things. they weren't cheap either. and yep, all it wanted was to see 0.500 ish volts to think the cat was working.

the best one was the early days of old tpi chips in the mid 80s. they would just load a "tune" with blank settings and the ecm would default to fill rich in those sections. sold 30 cent chips flashed with nothing for big money with a piggy back off your stock chip.

j91z28d1

Full Access Member
Reaction score

yeah after he posted that I forgot I have heated seats I could have turned on too. but the 100amps is closer to the real world load it sees sitting idling in stopped traffic with the ac on max, 100ish out and road Temps to the point the asphalt is failing around here haha. come to think of it, the head lights and fogs were on too, which they wouldn't be in the real world at that time. I did have the radio on, but my "system" consists of a single small 5 channel amp that fits in the spot of the factory bose amp and the sub channel is class D. so it doesn't draw much, and only hooked to 1 8in tube. to my old hearing the class D sounds good. you audio guys probably hate it.

but I am curious to see what you can hit spinning it the proper speed fully loaded. wouldn't surprise me if you can get over 140 at idle.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahcooley32

Latest posts