What did you do to your NNBS GMT900 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

m1dn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Don’t be lazy ***** like me.

Had airbag light come last weekend, neighbor helped me check the code - right side sensor.
I was too lazy to go under the car in cold to take off shield and check the stamped number.
Checked the vin, car date and like 5 websites, all linked to sensor starting with 2…, ordered one from rockauto.

Disconnected battery and replaced the sensor, light still one, turns out the number on my old sensor is 1…., ordered another one, sigh. Should’ve checked right away.

Also had a noise on the front left wheel while driving, was about to order wheel bearing.
Good thing I didn’t lol, took off the wheel and turns out the shield was bent and hitting disc, 5 seconds and it’s fixed.

Geoffsfas10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Does anyone use a wax or spray protectant on their wheels to help protect the finish?

Figured I'd start putting something on them to help protect them since they're new.

The only stuff I've ever used on wheels was for polished aluminum wheels. Mother's product in a can, a paste I'd put on using one of those sponge balls on a drill. Mostly a polish.

My new wheels seem to be powder coated with a machined face and have a clear coating over it.

When I got my new wheels i ceramic coated them. brake dust comes off SUPER easy and even the inside barrels looks and feel practically new

RooTBeeRthe1st

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, bought some more trash.
Borrowed my buddies trailer to grab it.
And temporarily storing the eyesore on his property.
Tongue weight was pretty good despite the squat. It actually rode better with all that weight over big bumps than when I'm not towing.
And the king shocks handled the bumps like a champ. No bouncing around. Apparently they're dual purpose. Off-road and towing they seem to do the job exceptionally well.

The TaHoe may have a new name. TowHoe.

Guess I'll have to update my sig pic. Ha

Attachments

• IMG_20221210_125323645_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20221210_125323645_HDR.jpg
    409.9 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_20221210_125821935_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20221210_125821935_HDR.jpg
    420.7 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_20221210_140731980.jpg
    IMG_20221210_140731980.jpg
    275 KB · Views: 8
Reaction score
Tongue weight was pretty good despite the squat. It actually rode better with all that weight over big bumps than when I'm not towing.
And the king shocks handled the bumps like a champ. No bouncing around. Apparently they're dual purpose. Off-road and towing they seem to do the job exceptionally well.

That tongue weight seems a little heavy. Mine has a max of 600lbs or 1100lbs with a weight distributing hitch.

10-15% of total trailer weight rule for best and safest towing. Unless that little truck has a bed full of lead

Last edited:

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Nice purchase!!

RooTBeeRthe1st

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That tongue weight seems a little heavy. Mine has a max of 600lbs or 1100lbs with a weight distributing hitch.

10-15% of total trailer weight rule for best and safest towing. Unless that little truck has a bed full of lead
I definitely did have it loaded a little tongue heavy.
That truck is around 2,700 lb and the trailer is around 3,500.
I'm honestly still surprised how well it pulled like that.
The empty trailer wasn't super noticeable. But I really should put all those engine parts I have sitting around on this thing.

RooTBeeRthe1st

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ain't that a Chevy Luv?
It is. '75.
Smog exempt in this kommie state.
It's basically rusted out and a pile of junk. I just got it for a few parts for mine and my dad wanted some for his trucks as well.
Need to see about getting it registered in my name. I think the last time it was registered was like 1984 or something.

Should be completely out of the system, so hopefully there's no back fees on registration or anything that I'll have to pay.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
achurchman