What did you do to your NNBS GMT900 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Oil on dipstick just looks like oil, and there's no gunk under the filler cap.

So you're saying that coolant can't make it's way into a cylinder and be burned away without evidence in the oil?
if the filler cap looks clean then it's pretty unlikely it's going into the engine.
and no controls inside the vehicle would have any affect on the flow of coolant to the rear, the only way to stop coolant flow to the rear would be to clamp the heater hose lines shut.
there are no control valves or anything like that in the engine cooling system other than the thermostat attached to the water pump.
to be clear all the controls inside the vehicle do is control air flow

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Oil on dipstick just looks like oil, and there's no gunk under the filler cap.

So you're saying that coolant can't make it's way into a cylinder and be burned away without evidence in the oil?
if the coolant was being burnt off in the engine you would likely see some indication of it under the filler cap, oil filler tube or dipstick.
if it was a tiny tiny bit and it just started happening you might not see it right away but eventually you would, but that is what the block test is for or send in a oil sample to blackstone labs

992dr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Could be the pump at the station. Use a different station, or different pump, next time

I've never really had a problem filling, but one time about a year ago I did. Kept shutting off and I could hear gas filling into the neck just before it did. Haven't had a problem since.
You were absolutely right, it was the pump.
Thanks for that info, I do appreciate it

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Added more coolant. Seems to be a much more frequent thing when it's cold. Since there is no visible leak in the front, could there be any other way to lose coolant while driving other than a head gasket?

I'm kind of dumb to the rear-heater system, so is it possible that coolant is escaping from that? How would I check?

Would I be able to fire up the truck, engage "REAR" on the HVAC controls, and then waddle my ass under the truck to look for drips?
There are heater hoses going to the rear, with the same type of plastic quick connects as at the firewall. Climb under, run the rear heat, and have a look. There’s also a rear heater core but I believe that would leak inside.

the_tool_man

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I swapped out my heated Denali wood wheel for an all leather one for an LTZ a few years ago when new one's were still available. It feels so much nicer. It's thicker also. It has all the same buttons that my OE Denali wheel had.
A little late to the conversation. But I did the same. It's way back in this thread somewhere around 6/2019. The LTZ Suburban wheel is SO much better. The GM part number for an Ebony one is 22947767. It's NLA from GM, unfortunately. But you might find a good one on eBay.

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Installed the Nolathane sway bars but couldn't quite finish. They thiccc. Need longer bolts for the rear then set it down to tighten all the end links.

IMG_E3895.JPG

IMG_E3897.JPG

RooTBeeRthe1st

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Topped her up with winter air.
Morning cold pressures were getting into the 20's. I try to run 35-40.
She was being Finicky for the pic, but they were even.
30secs later with the key off, 2 more tires dropped. lol

Attachments

• IMG_20221215_054134847.jpg
    IMG_20221215_054134847.jpg
    149.8 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_20221215_054236546.jpg
    IMG_20221215_054236546.jpg
    271.1 KB · Views: 6

Charlie207

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Installed the Nolathane sway bars but couldn't quite finish. They thiccc. Need longer bolts for the rear then set it down to tighten all the end links.

View attachment 387458

View attachment 387459

What's it like not having roads sprayed with brine, or covered with salt?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
achurchman