What did you do to your NNBS GMT900 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

j91z28d1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
anyone come up with a better than stock air box for cooler intake air Temps.. it's not even hot here yet, I think 106 index today and see air Temps of 120 while stopped and drop to 116 rolling.

ls engines hate hot air. I'm half curious if some heat tape would help but seems like I need to get some cool outside air into black the fender baking in the sun.

I mean it could worse but would be nice if it was better

Charlie207

Full Access Member
Reaction score
anyone come up with a better than stock air box for cooler intake air Temps.. it's not even hot here yet, I think 106 index today and see air Temps of 120 while stopped and drop to 116 rolling.

ls engines hate hot air. I'm half curious if some heat tape would help but seems like I need to get some cool outside air into black the fender baking in the sun.

The oldschool turbo guys would take a wiper fluid tank, and plumb it into the intake for a DIY water/meth injection system with a TPS for whatever position you wanted it to kick on.

RooTBeeRthe1st

Full Access Member
Reaction score

I got the corsa intake and put gold tape all over it and wrapped the ducting, and it made no difference from the stock junk.
That said, all of my radiator baffles are blown out/rotten so I'm sure my engine bay sees some weird air

j91z28d1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The oldschool turbo guys would take a wiper fluid tank, and plumb it into the intake for a DIY water/meth injection system with a TPS for whatever position you wanted it to kick on.

yeah. I guess water injection would work. I wasn't thinking that drastic of a measure just to avoid buying 93 haha. but yeah, definitely could.

j91z28d1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I got the corsa intake and put gold tape all over it and wrapped the ducting, and it made no difference from the stock junk.
That said, all of my radiator baffles are blown out/rotten so I'm sure my engine bay sees some weird air

I was standing there looking at it and thinking, while all the heat tricks might help get the air from the maf to the engine without adding any heat. the temp sensor is in the maf, so all that would be guessing. the stock plastic is probably pretty good at not transferring heat to the moving air anyways. or at least as good as some thin tape wrapped around it.

I feel like I need to get some cooler air to the box itself. anyone know where the ambient air temperature sensor that's displayed on the dash is? I feel like matching that temp would be the best I could hope for.

on the radiator baffle note, when I got it both were good. Just saw today the drivers side is ripped up falling apart. guess I need to do something with that too.

j91z28d1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The outside temp sensor is in front of radiator on a little bracket more on the passenger side I believe..

Looks like it can be either driver or passenger side depending on options.
View attachment 431301
oh nice.. I'll look for it when I have it apart for the baffles.

my going thought is there's 2 holes in the bottom of my air box, I have some left over 2 in hose from building brake ducts on my c6. if I can find a nice way to pick up some outside air to route to it.

what I need to do it make sure both air temp sensors match first thing in the morning after sitting overnight. Temps should equalize. but ugh, at 4am zombie mode I'm struggling to do extra stuff like pull out scanners. haha

Runfor5

Reaction score
Changed the trans fluid on my '14 over the past ~24 hours. I was fairly clean until it came time to flex the exhaust pipe out the way to get the back end of the pan out LOL. I followed a YouTube video, but will note on my '14 I did not have to remove the shift cable linkage; it was not blocking access to any of the trans pan bolts.

18, 10mm bolts hold the pan on. I removed the gasket prior to fiddling with flexing the exhaust pipe slightly to slide the rear of the pan out.
I elected to not fool with the metal retainer ring that holds on the trans filter. I just pushed up in there my new one. I used the OEM ACDelco filter, fluid, and pan gasket.

Fluid had clearly been changed before by PO, as the magnet was quite clean (pic below) and the bolts + old gasket came off no troubles. Cleaned and painted the pan while off with Rustoleum Enamel spray can (silver).

On re-install, I found it easier to twist the pan up and into position, THEN I slipped the pan gasket through and on. The gasket on initially with pan was too thick to get past the exhaust piping. I got about 5.5 quarts + whatever residual in old filter (so nearly 6?), out of the system by doing this.

IMG_9389.jpg
IMG_9390.jpg
IMG_9396.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sorrentino

Latest posts