What did you do to your NNBS GMT900 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

j91z28d1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yes it is dual operation, running light/signal light

ha.. you're right. I forgot about the running/parking lights.

those led's looks serious, but you say you needed a resistors? I'm guessing to stop the fast flashing?

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
ha.. you're right. I forgot about the running/parking lights.

those led's looks serious, but you say you needed a resistors? I'm guessing to stop the fast flashing?
ya, led's will hyperflash, some bulbs now have resistors built in but I never found any for the yukon (that worked), I did for the silverado which was a stroke of luck because there is no way to install resistors the headlight assembly is all integrated with it's own circuit board.

other options are to have the hyperflash programmed out

j91z28d1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ahh that's cool though. I wonder if the switch backs need it? I'd be curious what they look like but I think I'm going to leave well enough alone. at this point I'm happy with them, if the lenses stay clear that is.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
ahh that's cool though. I wonder if the switch backs need it? I'd be curious what they look like but I think I'm going to leave well enough alone. at this point I'm happy with them, if the lenses stay clear that is.
pretty sure they do, adding resistors is not hard it's figuring out which wires to use that's the tricky part because the stupid gmc headlight harness has 3 wires magically turning into 5 wires. I figured it out eventually and I don't feel like pulling a headlight to take a picture, it's on this thread about 5 years back or so lol somewhere......
I might be able to get a picture if I can get in from the backside by pulling my 2nd battery out but it's still at the dealer. i might get it back tomorrow presumimg my new credit card shows up and it's all done. 15 months 0 interest I don't like hitting my bank account hard I would rather spend other peoples money.

Reaction score
It'd be cool if these Morimoto headlights would have the DRL surround act like a switchback and turn to yellow and flash as the turn signal.

There's also a small yellow parking light along the outer edge on all yukon lights, (currently have 3 sets, the OE, the cheap U-bar projectors that are on it now, and the new morimotos) so I don't really understand why the turn signal bulb is always on as a running light. Come to think of it, I think that small yellow one is the "side marker"

EDIT:
Looking back at some pics when I installed the U-bar lights 4.5 years ago, I noticed the turn signal bulb is on when the headlights are on. It's on the lower half of the outside edge, just under that side marker bulb, lol

20200309_154027.jpg

Last edited:

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It'd be cool if these Morimoto headlights would have the DRL surround act like a switchback and turn to yellow and flash as the turn signal.

There's also a small yellow parking light along the outer edge on all yukon lights, (currently have 3 sets, the OE, the cheap U-bar projectors that are on it now, and the new morimotos) so I don't really understand why the turn signal bulb is always on as a running light. Come to think of it, I think that small yellow one is the "side marker"
it's just a yukon thing.....
I even tried to make the side marker alternate with the blinker like gm used to have lights do, but it didn't like that very much and made the rest of lights go coocoo

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
funny if you mess with the yukon light wiring it can make some pretty strange things happen. Bizzare things really.... like make a headlight flash like a blinker or you name it

j91z28d1

Full Access Member
Reaction score

EDIT:
Looking back at some pics when I installed the U-bar lights 4.5 years ago, I noticed the turn signal bulb is on when the headlights are on. It's on the lower half of the outside edge, just under that side marker bulb, lol

View attachment 432560

those lights look good. is that a 2nd high beam projector in them. it would be nice if these morimoto's put out more light. my bi-led fogs cover for it but Lotta space in there for a proper high.

I kinda like that the morimoto's just copy the next Gen up. (I almost bought their c6 that look like c7 lights before these, like the look not the output) feels like it freshens up the look. I changed out the rear factory altezza tail lights for the ones that look like the next gen too. I don't hate it.

mainly did the tails because these hybrids come with led bulbs in the tails factory, and of course gm being gm they over heated the socket and were intermittent. so rather than find the random oem led tail light socket, which is probably long discontinued. I just replaced the whole thing, which of course being aftermarket fogged up after a wash. so I sent pics to the seller, they refunded me and said keep them.

so I have random free sometimes foggy taillights that don't look to bad haha.

Reaction score
those lights look good. is that a 2nd high beam projector in them. it would be nice if these morimoto's put out more light. my bi-led fogs cover for it but Lotta space in there for a proper high.

I kinda like that the morimoto's just copy the next Gen up. (I almost bought their c6 that look like c7 lights before these, like the look not the output) feels like it freshens up the look. I changed out the rear factory altezza tail lights for the ones that look like the next gen too. I don't hate it.

mainly did the tails because these hybrids come with led bulbs in the tails factory, and of course gm being gm they over heated the socket and were intermittent. so rather than find the random oem led tail light socket, which is probably long discontinued. I just replaced the whole thing, which of course being aftermarket fogged up after a wash. so I sent pics to the seller, they refunded me and said keep them.

Yeah the high beam is below the low beam projector. The housings take H7 and H11 bulbs for the low and high. They're not great, but better than the OE light output. The led surround comes on with parking/headlights and are not the DRL. They were about $300 when I bought them at the beginning of 2020. Only problem I have with them is the thin outer layer of clear or uv is peeling starting from the top. Could easily be buffed and re-coated probably.

20200303_172609.jpg

20200307_204412.jpg

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I forgot the hybrids have led's already so you probably wouldn't get the hyperflash from changing other builbs to led

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butch72