What did you do to your NNBS GMT900 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jared999

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What did I do today..

Well, I called the local stealership and was given a price of $180 to remove theft lock. That's just asinine. It's a 10 minute job max.

Sooo...I just unlocked it myself using ACdelcotds + techline connect + a J2534 box. Was $45 not including the J2534 box, which I already had.

IMG_20240903_223400276_HDR.jpg

IMG_20240903_223439050_HDR.jpg

IMG_20240903_231913520_HDR.jpg

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
is that real or a clone?
probably a clone like mine, nobody wants to pay $2k for one just to have it at home, the good thing is they do work on everything up to current models
the new techline software just side loads everything and then it uses whatever the vin calls for, it does require windows 10

j91z28d1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
probably a clone like mine, nobody wants to pay $2k for one just to have it at home, the good thing is they do work on everything up to current models
the new techline software just side loads everything and then it uses whatever the vin calls for, it does require windows 10

do these come with the tech line software you can load on the pc and use it stand alone, or does it need to connect to a acdelco account to work for diagnostic stuff? I have other stuff that can program but don't have a good dealer level scanner for 2014 and up stuff.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
do these come with the tech line software you can load on the pc and use it stand alone, or does it need to connect to a acdelco account to work for diagnostic stuff? I have other stuff that can program but don't have a good dealer level scanner for 2014 and up stuff.
when I bought mine a few years ago it did not come with any software but it will work with the hacked software if the stars align just right, it's a game of whack a mole with gm
the hackers hack the software, then things work, then gm does a update and then requires the tool to be updated to work so it becomes a viscous circle

jared999

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Needed to change out an engine harness-to-ECU connector.

A couple of the tabs holding wires were soft/broken and it was causing intermittent problems due to poor contact.
Local shop wanted $450 to do it. Or maybe it was $650. HELL NO.

Stealership price for connector: $180! Hell no.
'best' gm parts price online: $75. No thanks.
Digikey price: $33. Better. Which honestly, is still way jacked since these cost about $0.15 to make. The odd thing is that's just one plug. The other side is like $5. I highly recommend digikey by the way. I can't read their site for shit it's too complicated. But they will respond to emails and help you find the right part. Never tried calling them but that may work too.

Just have one wire left to pull in this photo:

IMG_20240904_155102411_HDR.jpg

Done. 60 minutes of my time.

IMG_20240905_125125335_HDR.jpg

Last edited:

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
so basically the same as the nano thing.

blah
well no, it works fine with techline and legit paid software, bosch doesn't know that it is a clone. the issue comes up with the hacked software. seems like about every 90 days it changes, with the clone interface and legit software it doesn't matter because it updates the clone firmware and everything is good to go.

the nano is different it requires the vcm software to be updated and their firmware update server/website is caput and has been for a while so you have to go hunt it down

the issue with the mdi2 clone and the hacked software is firmware variance between the interface and software
with legit software you just open up the bosch mdi manager and it updates the clone like it is a legit interface, then you are good to go.

Last edited:

justchecking

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Traded in the 2011 Sub LTZ with 156K for a 2019 Premier with 38K. I drove the 2011 63K trouble free miles, but it developed both trans troubles AND lifter troubles. And, oh ya, RUST around the rear wheel wells. I would have fixed the trans and lifters, but didn't want to deal with the rust. Or maybe I just wanted to drive something different.
The 2019 was owned by a government body (but is not a PPV). Haven't figured out who yet. The built in nav was ALWAYS going to a state park. Hmmm. Vincent Foster is long gone so more research to do. Maybe not a lot of driving miles, but a lot of up and down miles on the struts?
One thing I learned is that I knew a LOT about the NNBS. All things I learned on this forum. Not so much about the K2. Pill flip? Where is the PS pump? D@mn thing honks the horn whenever I walk away from it? 0W-20?? 22" wheels with rubber band tires? Fuse 67 already transfers power to the trailer battery? Still looking for the cup holders in the second row. Is THIS *** Rust Proofed? To put a decent sub-woofer in it I have to do WHAT? Is the FCW trying to tell me I tailgate? No No! Mr.ONSTAR I don't want to talk to you! I was just testing these buttons! Rear storage? For what, a t-shirt?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nomatic