What did you do to your NNBS GMT900 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Traded in the 2011 Sub LTZ with 156K for a 2019 Premier with 38K. I drove the 2011 63K trouble free miles, but it developed both trans troubles AND lifter troubles. And, oh ya, RUST around the rear wheel wells. I would have fixed the trans and lifters, but didn't want to deal with the rust. Or maybe I just wanted to drive something different.
The 2019 was owned by a government body (but is not a PPV). Haven't figured out who yet. The built in nav was ALWAYS going to a state park. Hmmm. Vincent Foster is long gone so more research to do. Maybe not a lot of driving miles, but a lot of up and down miles on the struts?
One thing I learned is that I knew a LOT about the NNBS. All things I learned on this forum. Not so much about the K2. Pill flip? Where is the PS pump? D@mn thing honks the horn whenever I walk away from it? 0W-20?? 22" wheels with rubber band tires? Fuse 67 already transfers power to the trailer battery? Still looking for the cup holders in the second row. Is THIS *** Rust Proofed? To put a decent sub-woofer in it I have to do WHAT? Is the FCW trying to tell me I tailgate? No No! Mr.ONSTAR I don't want to talk to you! I was just testing these buttons! Rear storage? For what, a t-shirt?
lol, turn all those nannies off they are annoying

jared999

Full Access Member
Reaction score
R&R'd ECU bracket. When I bought the Tahoe, the ECU bracket snaps were broken and someone had used zip ties to keep in in place.

Just put in a new bracket, which I'm sure I'll break once I remove the ECU. R&R is Easy. Turn wheel all the way to the left. Remove the wheel liner. Take out a few of the 10mm bolts on the diesel (empty) battery tray that holds in the bracket from top. Remove a side bolt I think it was also 10mm from behind the wheel liner.

IMG_20240905_173836448_HDR.jpg

IMG_20240905_152828378_HDR.jpg

IMG_20240905_152936565_HDR.jpg

IMG_20240905_183708633_HDR.jpg

Last edited:

Tahoe14

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just checking, the owners manual is a wonderful thing, it is online to download if you don’t have a hard copy and is easier to use. LOL.

Sparksalot

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Traded in the 2011 Sub LTZ with 156K for a 2019 Premier with 38K. I drove the 2011 63K trouble free miles, but it developed both trans troubles AND lifter troubles. And, oh ya, RUST around the rear wheel wells. I would have fixed the trans and lifters, but didn't want to deal with the rust. Or maybe I just wanted to drive something different.
The 2019 was owned by a government body (but is not a PPV). Haven't figured out who yet. The built in nav was ALWAYS going to a state park. Hmmm. Vincent Foster is long gone so more research to do. Maybe not a lot of driving miles, but a lot of up and down miles on the struts?
One thing I learned is that I knew a LOT about the NNBS. All things I learned on this forum. Not so much about the K2. Pill flip? Where is the PS pump? D@mn thing honks the horn whenever I walk away from it? 0W-20?? 22" wheels with rubber band tires? Fuse 67 already transfers power to the trailer battery? Still looking for the cup holders in the second row. Is THIS *** Rust Proofed? To put a decent sub-woofer in it I have to do WHAT? Is the FCW trying to tell me I tailgate? No No! Mr.ONSTAR I don't want to talk to you! I was just testing these buttons! Rear storage? For what, a t-shirt?
PS is electric! No pump.

Yeah, it takes a while to come up to speed. Many similarities and a lot of differences.

j91z28d1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
honks cause it's letting you know it's locking itself. there's a setting somewhere to turn most of it off. my 14 gm car honks a lot with everything off thou.

Just Fishing

Can't fix stupid
Reaction score
Anyone ever mess around with a hidden winch mount on the Tahoe?
I saw rough country makes one for the trucks, and per the reviews it fits on the Tahoe's and Surburban's with a little drilling and minor work.
Link: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00CLV32EW/ref=ox_sc_saved_image_1?smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER&psc=1

The only thing I don't like about it, I can't access the controls easily like I can on the Jeep.
And changing out the line might be a pita.
On the plus side, the line won't be in direct sun light!

I love having the winch on the Jeep, it's super handy.
I would love to have one on the Tahoe.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Anyone ever mess around with a hidden winch mount on the Tahoe?
I saw rough country makes one for the trucks, and per the reviews it fits on the Tahoe's and Surburban's with a little drilling and minor work.
Link: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00CLV32EW/ref=ox_sc_saved_image_1?smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER&psc=1

The only thing I don't like about it, I can't access the controls easily like I can on the Jeep.
And changing out the line might be a pita.
On the plus side, the line won't be in direct sun light!

I love having the winch on the Jeep, it's super handy.
I would love to have one on the Tahoe.
I have that mount on the silverado, I haven't really looked at how the frame differs on the yukon
I can reach the winch cable release easily by just reaching underneath in a C fashion and the handle is right there. the control is wireless
but as far as install there was cutting required on the frame of the silverado and I drilled a couple holes for the bolts to go in like they should instead of making it harder than it should bewinch.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jocooter