What did you do to your NNBS GMT900 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

j91z28d1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have the 35$ Amazon one and a 300$ Elite engineering one. honestly besides the fittings and hoses being nicer and it being a 3 port with check valves and stuff. the inside stuff that filters the air is basically the same level. I would say the 35$ one works well and catches a good amount of oil on my yukon.

that one linked with the filter on top unless there some kinda check valve built in to the top filter, is going to be a huge vacuum leak. as I understand it a vented catch can is for when you're not routing back into the intake. race car stuff that vents it all?

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have the 35$ Amazon one and a 300$ Elite engineering one. honestly besides the fittings and hoses being nicer and it being a 3 port with check valves and stuff. the inside stuff that filters the air is basically the same level. I would say the 35$ one works well and catches a good amount of oil on my yukon.

that one linked with the filter on top unless there some kinda check valve built in to the top filter, is going to be a huge vacuum leak. as I understand it a vented catch can is for when you're not routing back into the intake. race car stuff that vents it all?
ya it say's for race, but there is a way to make it work
@randeez

Grady_Wilson

Supporting Member
Reaction score
There is a $35 catch can on Amazon that looks very nice, internally.
I would most likely upgrade the hoses myself and grab a spare O ring for the cap seal.
https://www.amazon.com/EVIL-ENERGY-Universal-Reservoir-Aluminum/dp/B081N392BN/ref=sr_1_1

With the really cold, damp weather here, I want one to catch all that crap.
The Yukon left for WY only about a month after I purchased it so I did not get the chance to do everything I wanted to it.
Now that I am in WY with the Yukon I want to get it squared away.

Last edited:

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Just Fishing

Can't fix stupid
Reaction score
I need to order a catch can.
Which one do you have and would you recommend a different one?

I have a generic one that was empty, i made my own baffle system and installed a ball valve in the bottom.

It works great, but out of the box it's a hard pass.

I have a ton of that one though, cheap and i can mod it.

Just Fishing

Can't fix stupid
Reaction score
This is the one i have, i usually need to search for it.

Dewhel Universal Cylindrical JDM 750ml Aluminum Engine Oil Catch Can Reservoir Tank Black Car Accessory For Dodge Honda Acura Mazda Mitsubishi Nissan Infiniti Lexus Toyota Scion Ford Chevy BRZ etc https://a.co/d/9WwaNWD

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dustin Road