What did you do to your OBS GMT400 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

_Dylan_

STAY FROSTY
Reaction score
Reciprocating saw, chisels, big hammers, cooling oil, and a couple pry bars. Cut the end off with about 1.5" sticking out. Then cut all for corners, but they only cut deep about 3" in, so I chiseled and cut away at one side till that chunk came out. With that out of the way I was able to cut and chisel a full cut all the way through. Then I used a tire iron to fold it in one side at a time till I could pull it out.

Plus a bunch of PB blaster! Took me about 4 hours and about 10 saw blades. I tried pulling it out with a strap and a big tree but that didn't work. It probably would have come out if I yanked it faster, but I probably would have also broken something. :lol:

Just in time too! I need it for a hitch basket to help carry all my crap across the state next week. :)

Last edited:

noJeepshere

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That's a lot of work! I'd have grabbed a 10 lb sledge hammer and gone to town with that and PBlaster. That and a cherry bomb on an oxyacetylene torch.

Trust me, sometimes you'll want to take a big sledgehammer to it:emotions122:

SunlitComet

OBS Jedi-Do Good
Reaction score
Received my 0411 pcm yesterday. Gonna need to clean it up more because of corrosion. Gonna do it at work and throw some 3m clearcoat on it to seal it from more damage. Still have to add shifter selection circuits before I change change it out. Programmed for mid grade gas and torque management reduction of about 80%. Also dual electric fan control when I am ready to stop using the flexalite controller I have now. The pcm will be able to use fans more efficiently. Scroll back to see more pics. http://s1222.photobucket.com/albums/dd482/Sunlitcomet/?action=view&current=IMAG0377.jpg

IMAG0377.gif

Last edited:

_Dylan_

STAY FROSTY
Reaction score
That's a lot of work! I'd have grabbed a 10 lb sledge hammer and gone to town with that and PBlaster. That and a cherry bomb on an oxyacetylene torch.

Trust me, sometimes you'll want to take a big sledgehammer to it:emotions122:

I tried the BFH and that didn't budge it. I couldn't find the torch... The PB blaster wasn't doing much there was no gap to spray into to get enough ***********. Getting the full cut was hard, but once you do that it only takes 10 minutes to fold it into the center and pull it out.:beer:

EG@EnglandGreen

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Put my 99 Tahoe on the dyno. It made a whopping 155rwhp...

beater.jpg

Donnie Yukonie

Yates Caretaker
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Put my 99 Tahoe on the dyno. It made a whopping 155rwhp...

beater.jpg

that is way too much HP man what were you thinking :gathering: but any mods or i would imagine thats bone stock? any ways i like your front plate , far from a beater that thing looks nice

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Diablo1970