What did you do to your OBS GMT400 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tricky

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My wife has never even sat in the drivers seat of my tahoe. She has driven my burban but says it is too big. Flash back about 1.5 years and I bought it for her. She then said it looked like a lowrider and needed a lift. funny how things work.

Lol.

Sent from my iPhone 4s using Tapatalk.

rolfsent

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Gave the Yukon a much needed bath and cleaned the inside for the first time in a couple months. I was gonna wax her but it started to rain. Looking good now!

Attachments

• image-2260216670.jpg
    image-2260216670.jpg
    66.7 KB · Views: 27

slipping

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My wife has never even sat in the drivers seat of my tahoe. She has driven my burban but says it is too big. Flash back about 1.5 years and I bought it for her. She then said it looked like a lowrider and needed a lift. funny how things work.

HA! Thats funny. My wife's only been in mine twice. Her Quote - "I don't want people I know see me in that P.O.S! You must be crazy."

noJeepshere

Full Access Member
Reaction score
In the past couple of days:

Cut into headliner to put two more vents for the rear a/c (pics to come)
Put yet another new gasket on the rear diff
New u-joints on the rear 'shaft
Got it licensed and titled in Washington, again.

And just realized that I have 6,500 miles on this oil change...

Last edited:

qukon 95

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I took off the slotted /drilled rotors and put my old rotors back on
got tired of the rumble when braking.

EG@EnglandGreen

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hi, I didnt realize you are the new guy. Welcome:hands:
A big cammed LS3:hail::jawdrop::boobs::party36: , hell yeah. I would have to say it is the most practical thing to do with our trucks. You are actually going to have some real HP now. I'm only a little jealous.
What are the specs on the LS3?
Thanks for the welcome. I did not see an "introduce yourself" section of the forum so I posted here.

Re: LS3 : we've done bigger LS transplants in the past so this should not be too difficult.

Not sure what I'll do with the LS3 just yet. It was supposed to go in my 2001 Vette but that has been back-burnered so the Tahoe gets it instead. All I can say now is it will have one of our radical cams, run a 2008 Vette PCM & wiring harness and be 100% drive by wire. Beyond that, we'll see.

Well hell, forget about a tune-up then:hands:
:lol:

---------- Post added at 10:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:58 PM ----------

Oh yes, installed a new reman steering box, pitman arm and idler arm today.

I had the dreaded and absolutely horrid OBS steering; it drove like a 1920's silent movie rear projection driving scene - you know the ones, where the actor is yanking the steering wheel from side to side in huge sweeps. That's how my Tahoe was. It was terrible.

Previously changed the electronic variable steering sensor and added new tires which helped but didn't fix the slop. The changes today fixed all the slop. Drives like a new truck.

Next up are the upper A arms, lower ball joints and all the tie rods and idlers this weekend.

redaddiction

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the welcome. I did not see an "introduce yourself" section of the forum so I posted here.

Re: LS3 : we've done bigger LS transplants in the past so this should not be too difficult.

Not sure what I'll do with the LS3 just yet. It was supposed to go in my 2001 Vette but that has been back-burnered so the Tahoe gets it instead. All I can say now is it will have one of our radical cams, run a 2008 Vette PCM & wiring harness and be 100% drive by wire. Beyond that, we'll see.

:lol:

---------- Post added at 10:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:58 PM ----------

Oh yes, installed a new reman steering box, pitman arm and idler arm today.

I had the dreaded and absolutely horrid OBS steering; it drove like a 1920's silent movie rear projection driving scene - you know the ones, where the actor is yanking the steering wheel from side to side in huge sweeps. That's how my Tahoe was. It was terrible.

Previously changed the electronic variable steering sensor and added new tires which helped but didn't fix the slop. The changes today fixed all the slop. Drives like a new truck.

Next up are the upper A arms, lower ball joints and all the tie rods and idlers this weekend.

Replace your steering shaft with one from a XJ that will make it even better. It removes the ragjoints in the steering and changes it over to u-joints.

---------- Post added at 11:21 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:20 AM ----------

Finished painting my 5.3 the other day for my truck, bought it for 350 with a trans and sold the trans for 450 so I'm ahead 100 bucks.

---------- Post added at 11:22 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:21 AM ----------

7747812012_ff7fc81275_c.jpg
Untitled by MarcusRyan, on Flickr

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cuchie_goddess