What did you do to your OBS GMT400 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TheBlueBeast

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Made a 335 mi round trip, set the cruise at 70 and got just over 17 mpg. After 6 hours in the Beast, I have decided that these OBS seats are not the most comfortable long haulers...

_Dylan_

STAY FROSTY
Reaction score
I have decided that these OBS seats are not the most comfortable long haulers...
I agree they are too firm for me, but I only weigh 180.

still have not fixed my mpg issue yet. 450 trip loaded i got 13.6. i had about 18 when leaving indy in july.

Yesterday I went 200 miles to college loaded to the bump stops and got 16.3 mpg. If the nose wasn't pointed at the sky I probably could have gotten 17. Maybe I need to buy some air bags.

noJeepshere

Full Access Member
Reaction score
http://www.gmtruckcentral.com/articles/12200411.html
mine is still sitting in the box because a have to run gearshift position circuits for it to operate properly. don't now when i will get to it.

So... the newer PCM allows for greater control of the spark and fuel timing, allowing for greater power and economy? That link only really told me how to install it.

---------- Post added at 10:14 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:13 AM ----------

Yesterday I went 200 miles to college loaded to the bump stops and got 16.3 mpg. If the nose wasn't pointed at the sky I probably could have gotten 17. Maybe I need to buy some air bags.

Suburban springs are rated to carry 500+ more lbs than the Tahoe springs.

SunlitComet

OBS Jedi-Do Good
Reaction score

550lbs. Most comfortable one I have ever sat in.

And firestone has a kit for rear end $280 amazon. Can buy accessories for air supply and auto leveling valve as well. I only had to drill one hole on each side for bracket and two in the jack compartment for each valve. Have not had to inflate them more then once since install last year.

---------- Post added at 01:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:55 PM ----------

So... the newer PCM allows for greater control of the spark and fuel timing, allowing for greater power and economy? That link only really told me how to install it.

Sorry, but yeah fantasticly tunable. Efan provisions, coil over plug. Was used in several vehicles including the Camaro I believe. Mine was programmed with my vin and drivetrain info and efan settings ready to go when I build or buy a relay harness. Likely going for the $130 setup from painless. The controller on fans now will be reassigned to other duties as work progresses. Even was able to get timing bump for mid grade gas and 80% torque management. Will need to spend some money on tuning software to do more. The $150 paid was just for the unit basic programming really two connectors with some pigtails for the tranny and efan circuits. Any other questions?

noJeepshere

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I like my seat, it's cushy in all the right spots, though probably being your typical American helps with the comfort, as I'm all of 280lbs of 6'4" muscly goodness :D

The 0411 upgrade seems a little beyond what I want to do for now.

As far as rear springs go, I remembered when I was looking for shocks for my Yukon that Monroe makes a self-leveling shock for our application. It was $110 through O'Reallys. Monroe is good stuff considering that it's OE stuff on most newer cars.

SunlitComet

OBS Jedi-Do Good
Reaction score
inflatable shocks yeah. had those on a former vehicle or two.

and unless you plan on tuning the 0411 upgrade may not really be needed just yet tho you will notice some minor improvement just by switching.

noJeepshere

Full Access Member
Reaction score
inflatable shocks yeah. had those on a former vehicle or two.
Not inflatable, but self-adjusting, just like the fancy new nivomat shocks GM puts on the new Suburban.
and unless you plan on tuning the 0411 upgrade may not really be needed just yet tho you will notice some minor improvement just by switching.

I'm going to have Black Bear Performance tune mine to delete the cats and egr (I looove not having emissions testing :D ) and run on 92 pump gas with 1.6 roller rockers. I'm looking for a mild boost in power and deleting the emissions crap oughta help with fuel economy. That's the theory.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member