What did you do to your OBS GMT400 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bowtiefreak

No Quarter
Supporting Member
Reaction score
going to swap the blower motor resistor tonight in the tahoe. My wife or son will be doing most of the work as my paw doesn't fit in there too well. Did it once and wish for little hands.

noJeepshere

Full Access Member
Reaction score
care to explain? I had another set and they seemed to work fine just sold them with the last tahoe.

I have cheap ebay headlights in mine, not those projector style ones, and they have held up very well over 4 years, aren't even fogging up at all yet, and the beam and clarity are far better than the stock ones ever were.

Donnie Yukonie

Yates Caretaker
Supporting Member
Reaction score
care to explain? I had another set and they seemed to work fine just sold them with the last tahoe.

to be honest i have to agree with adam on this one , not bashing your sense of style as i think they look good as well i just heard these projectors suck ... Maybe you fixed this

---------- Post added at 10:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:36 PM ----------

today i got it towed and cited for unregistered vehicle ....good times , its home safe now tho not going to let it sit in a cold impound lot

Fishintahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Joe,

How are you liking the 4.56 gears, pulls like a mule now don't it?

Kicks like one too...

I went fishing today in it and noticed a real differnce. Plenty of power and it only used up a quarter tank of gas for the whole trip with some 4 wheeling. About a 70 mile trip. It used a little over a half tank before the gear swap.

It still needs to be tuned or reprogramed. The speedometer reads 80 and 2300rpm when im actually goin 65.

Oh. Also installed blue LEDs in the instrument cluster.

99TanHoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Kicks like one too...

I went fishing today in it and noticed a real differnce. Plenty of power and it only used up a quarter tank of gas for the whole trip with some 4 wheeling. About a 70 mile trip. It used a little over a half tank before the gear swap.

It still needs to be tuned or reprogramed. The speedometer reads 80 and 2300rpm when im actually goin 65.

Oh. Also installed blue LEDs in the instrument cluster.

Yea, my speedo was off about that much too before I got it tuned. The 4.56 gears have me wondering if I really need any further performance mods. The more I drive it the more I like it.

Where did you get the blue LED cluster and how much trouble was it to install it?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
V6wells