What did you do to your OBS GMT400 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

retorq

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ordered up $1400 worth of internal trans parts. \m/

---------- Post added at 04:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:51 PM ----------

have you seen one on a vortec dizzy ever?

I don't work on those POS Vortecs on purpose.

:lol2:

SunlitComet

OBS Jedi-Do Good
Reaction score
HA!

found some pis of the vortec dizzy from below and found what was described as pencil sized holes. When i rebuild my dizzy i will look into those.

retorq

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I know I worked on a car that had a small vent tube on the cap ... Ford maybe I dunno I forget.

Phone Man

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I finally did the high beam mod. I used the relay method and not the diode. I did various research and got this as the standard method.

Wiring the relay 88-98 trucks

1.-Connect ground to body (relay circuit 85)

2.-Splice switch or trigger wire (12v) from high beams green wire (relay circuit 86)

3.-Splice accessory circuit to the low beams brown wire (relay circuit 87)

4.-Connect Power from battery to 30AMP inline fuse to relay, (relay circuit 30)

5.-Turn headlights on. Your your low beams should now stay on with your high beams!

Also I tapped into the wiring harness that is inside the engine compartment rather than do it behind the grill. You can find the headlight wires in the bundle of wires that passes behind the lights.

Attachments

• 4himodclose.jpg
    4himodclose.jpg
    55.4 KB · Views: 22

foreverfalcon40

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I finally did the high beam mod. I used the relay method and not the diode. I did various research and got this as the standard method.

Wiring the relay 88-98 trucks

1.-Connect ground to body (relay circuit 85)

2.-Splice switch or trigger wire (12v) from high beams green wire (relay circuit 86)

3.-Splice accessory circuit to the low beams brown wire (relay circuit 87)

4.-Connect Power from battery to 30AMP inline fuse to relay, (relay circuit 30)

5.-Turn headlights on. Your your low beams should now stay on with your high beams!

Also I tapped into the wiring harness that is inside the engine compartment rather than do it behind the grill. You can find the headlight wires in the bundle of wires that passes behind the lights.

Just for clarification, THE HI-BEAM MOD IS THE 4 HI MOD?

---------- Post added at 10:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:23 PM ----------

ordered up $1400 worth of internal trans parts. \m/

---------- post added at 04:51 pm ---------- previous post was at 04:51 pm ----------

i don't work on those pos vortecs on purpose.

:lol2:

you are an idiot for dumping that ind of money in your 60e!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ninabru

Latest posts