What did you do to your OBS GMT400 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

noJeepshere

Full Access Member
Reaction score
%$#@! It's only got 32,000 miles on it too... Guess some NAPA parts aren't all that great, even the top-rung ones.:Plugged: Guess that Alaskan cold was ******* it. ACDelco parts it is then.

DSCN2150.jpg

If only I had a job and could afford to replace it...

Phone Man

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah, I thinks it's the brass terminals. I don't know why our trucks eat these up? I had several from different manufacturers and they all corrode inside prematurely. I have yet to try the AC's though.

AtomicHoe094

Atomichoe094
Reaction score
usually the screens are clogged on the dizzy not allowing the water/air to evaporate and move out.. thus corroding on those terminals.

SunlitComet

OBS Jedi-Do Good
Reaction score
installed blue leds in HVAC control and 4x4 shifter to match the cluster
2012-09-10012656.jpg

Little dark it seems but good looking.

---------- Post added at 09:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:38 PM ----------

%$#@! It's only got 32,000 miles on it too... Guess some NAPA parts aren't all that great, even the top-rung ones.:Plugged: Guess that Alaskan cold was ******* it. ACDelco parts it is then.

DSCN2150.jpg

If only I had a job and could afford to replace it...

yeah that bastard is unusable. thought you had work in washington tho.

---------- Post added at 09:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:40 PM ----------

usually the screens are clogged on the dizzy not allowing the water/air to evaporate and move out.. thus corroding on those terminals.

You know i was thinking the same thing but when i had mine out last year for the top end replacement I never found any screens or vent in my vortec dizzy.

SunlitComet

OBS Jedi-Do Good
Reaction score
maybe i missed it but i did not see one. that is why i want to see the dizzy assembly that msd makes for the vortec. maybe theirs might. being aluminum it would be easy to add a vent i think if it did not.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ahmedjvc

Latest posts