What did you do to your OBS GMT400 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SunlitComet

OBS Jedi-Do Good
Reaction score
yes 4-hi mod and for what it is worth my tranny rebuild at shop was $1400 of parts. they don't make it cheap. being as how he just got part most likely directly retorq has probably gotten high end ones to.

retorq

Full Access Member
Reaction score
New higher stall convertor, new Sonnax 13 vane pump with high RPM spring ($500 itself), gear train upgrade consisting of AC Delco front and rear 5 pinion planetaries, Sonnax Smart Shell and Sonnax input drum reinforcement kit (almost $500 as well) and a rebuild kit with Raybestos GPZ105 fritions, Koleen steels, reinforced band. It'll be stronger then a factory 4L65E after this, not quite as strong as a 4L70 from a TBSS but ... I'm able to keep the shift kit, Corvette servo and a few of the other upgrades already in there. The old pump ring busted. I MAY be able to rebuild that pump but it's not worth the risk to me. Had I not had a busted pump and it was just a band or toasted frictions the cost would have been under $1000. About the only thing this won't have that I wanted was the Sonnax Smart-tech input housing kit which is $500 itself. Spending $2000 would have been over the top. This will handle anything this engine put out and will handle my next engine. If I am able to piece together the engine I have in my mind I will need to step up to a 4L80E or something better from the factory with mods to that of course. :D

Gzes

the drifting 2dr
Reaction score
Drove it around and clowned around with my hoe. Man i love my new air cleaner assembly:)

_Dylan_

STAY FROSTY
Reaction score
I just bought some letters from emblem art to go on the back door...any GTA fans in here?:)

Attachments

• cavalcade.jpg
    cavalcade.jpg
    8 KB · Views: 11

_Dylan_

STAY FROSTY
Reaction score
I love it lol, my favorite vehicle in the game.

Hell yeah.:cheers:

I blew a bunch of money today. I'm finally going to get rid of these crappy boss 6.5s I bought. I have a Soundstream 6.5 component set coming for the back doors, but I'm going to use the tweeters and crossover on the front doors with a set of Precision Power 8" midbass. I hope I don't have to cut too much to make them fit. :) I also picked up new clear turn signal lenses, 55W 6k HIDs for the high beams, and a fender mounted blind spot mirror. Kinda iffy on the last item, I'm hoping it works good enough to keep it on there. :blah:

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sprocket-707

Latest posts