What did you do to your OBS GMT400 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BigDaddy13440

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Got mine back a few days ago, after having been in the shop nearly half the summer.

New brakes, front and rear, everything but the wheel cylinders.
New FI spider, new fuel filter.
Still didn't run right, had the intake pulled, gasket had been sucked in. Had it replaced.
Fuel pump died, had it replaced.
AC squealed, had to have a new compressor installed. Had to replace lines that had gotten brittle and cracked.
Replaced the temp controls in the dash, now my fan works.

Swapped the rusty tailgate for a better one, started prepping four doors to be swapped on, along with a new(er) hood), and a diesel smoothie bumper.

$2500+ into it since June, would have been better off dumping it for $700 and buying something else. BUT, practically EVERYTHING is new, should last me at least 2-3 years more. Gonna need tires next...

EG@EnglandGreen

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Bought another OBS Tahoe - a 2 door to keep my 4 door company :D

biter1.jpg

beater-and-biter.jpg

992dr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Got mine back a few days ago, after having been in the shop nearly half the summer.

New brakes, front and rear, everything but the wheel cylinders.
New FI spider, new fuel filter.
Still didn't run right, had the intake pulled, gasket had been sucked in. Had it replaced.
Fuel pump died, had it replaced.
AC squealed, had to have a new compressor installed. Had to replace lines that had gotten brittle and cracked.
Replaced the temp controls in the dash, now my fan works.

Swapped the rusty tailgate for a better one, started prepping four doors to be swapped on, along with a new(er) hood), and a diesel smoothie bumper.

$2500+ into it since June, would have been better off dumping it for $700 and buying something else. BUT, practically EVERYTHING is new, should last me at least 2-3 years more. Gonna need tires next...

I feel your pain man, pretty much all that happened to me, slowly but surely, hah.
Its the little things that add up, sucks.
Now I'm working on replacing all the door handles and latches, this after replacing my heater hose fitting.

Bought another OBS Tahoe - a 2 door to keep my 4 door company :D

biter1.jpg

beater-and-biter.jpg

Score, looks good.

SunlitComet

OBS Jedi-Do Good
Reaction score
installed first two new 17" rims in rear with their respective aftermarket tpms system sensors.
IMAG0460_zps39c02975.gif
IMAG0457_zps48cfcb81.gif

and scored these as well. street legal in cali. retains all emissions and dynoed at least 29 horsies on a 350 vortec.
6343510010_medium.jpg

Last edited:

slipping

Full Access Member
Reaction score
installed first two new 17" rims in rear with their respective aftermarket tpms system sensors.
IMAG0460_zps39c02975.gif
IMAG0457_zps48cfcb81.gif

and scored these as well. street legal in cali. retains all emissions and dynoed at least 29 horsies on a 350 vortec.
6343510010_medium.jpg

Those wheels look real good. What header setup is that?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
joshwas4here