What did you do to your OBS GMT400 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SunlitComet

OBS Jedi-Do Good
Reaction score
I finally cleared my Case relearn error on the 0411 pcm for $20 using a shops Snap-on touch screen unit because the dealer could not do it for $140. What a bunch idiots the dealer service department is. Actually told me my computer was fried and that the scan gauge actually was at fault for it. Of course they were wrong on that plus more.

---------- Post added at 08:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:51 PM ----------

Pull My ABS Codes as well. Need a new rear wheel sensor. Maybe even a new EHMU as well but will inspect and clean the wiring first.

TahoeLimited

Reaction score
Call me the midnight rambler. Went to bed, couldn't sleep, decided to get up and watch s'more TV. Earlier in the day, I bought a new door hinge spring for the Limited...the driver's side door had no such spring for whatever reason when I bought it. This caused an entirely unrestricted free-*******, which I had essentially zero appreciation for.

Knowing it was going to be a feat compressing the spring to get it in, I did a Youtube search for install tips. Found this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PMFzPx9t8eg Not sleepy, so what the heck...mind as well give 'er a shot.

Had to wrestle with the cable ties a bit...being that the spring wasn't compressing even with my c-clamp (substituting for a vice), the cable ties liked to slide over to the more compressed side. Ended up using 6 ties, but finally got it to compress evenly enough to get 'er in place. Cut the ties, fine-tuned the proper seating of the spring with pliers, and she's now opening as she should.

Having a door that stays put when you want it to is a beautiful thing.

noJeepshere

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My door spring popped out one day and hit me in the face, cut my lip and left a bruise for a while. I threw it in the door pocket and kinda forgot about it, and now it's gone. I don't mind the free-swinging door at all, except for when I park facing uphill, but then the spring never really kept the door open so I didn't miss it.

SunlitComet

OBS Jedi-Do Good
Reaction score
My door spring popped out one day and hit me in the face, cut my lip and left a bruise for a while. I threw it in the door pocket and kinda forgot about it, and now it's gone. I don't mind the free-swinging door at all, except for when I park facing uphill, but then the spring never really kept the door open so I didn't miss it.

:boxed:
:laughing1:

Gzes

the drifting 2dr
Reaction score
O. My silvi didn't have the spring it was kinda annoying but meh I did the pins and left no spring

TahoeLimited

Reaction score

Let me tell ya, as it sounds like you know from experience...that little sucker is a shtiff one! I definitely wore safety glasses the whole time, knowing that it could take an eye out if it popped out.

I was buggin' me not having it. My garage is a hair tight, space-wise, and I was always afraid of hitting the daily driver and nicking said Limited. And it was making its way back to me after opening it, even in the level garage. I now open with confidence as I stop it at the 1/2 open notch, staying put, staying away from the other car and not coming back at me.

Last edited:

Monstar_est87

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I haven't posted in a while but I thought I would let you guys know what I've been up to with my 3 OBS Tahoes..

1> I crushed the 4 door...

2> But before I did, I swapped most of the parts onto my 4wd 2 door Tahoe "Beater" - engine, interior, body panels (they are all the same colour)

3> I dropped a custom LS6/LS2 hybrid in my 2wd 2 door Tahoe "Biter" - pics attached.

picture.jpg

picture.jpg

picture.jpg

Please dont crush the obs's...
But u the man... Sweet looking swap u got going there... Cant wait to see her wen shes running... Put sum videos up wen ur done... Dough nuts burnouts u know the usual...

noJeepshere

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Please dont crush the obs's...
But u the man... Sweet looking swap u got going there... Cant wait to see her wen shes running... Put sum videos up wen ur done... Dough nuts burnouts u know the usual...

Seriously. If it's rust free, ship it north to the rust belt, where parts from it will go for half the price of the whole truck in Texas.

cent frum a smaert fone

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
futurerx06