What did you do to your OBS GMT400 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rolfsent

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was taking my running boards off today and its been a while since I've been under the Yukon and I found this shit. Not sure if its repairable or even worth fixing. I have a about 4-5k worth the new stuff in it over the last 2 years.

Attachments

• image-3867304053.jpg
    image-3867304053.jpg
    42.9 KB · Views: 34
  • image-3489786003.jpg
    image-3489786003.jpg
    61.8 KB · Views: 35

BirchyBoy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was taking my running boards off today and its been a while since I've been under the Yukon and I found this shit. Not sure if its repairable or even worth fixing. I have a about 4-5k worth the new stuff in it over the last 2 years.

What part of the frame is that? I haven't had mine long enough to recognize it.

Gzes

the drifting 2dr
Reaction score
That's what happens when one lives up in the north. It's fixable but you gotta cut it out and weld new plates. Some people weld plates with the rot still but don't do it do t the right way

rolfsent

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What part of the frame is that? I haven't had mine long enough to recognize it.

It's right behind the passenger side from wheel under the passenger seat

---------- Post added at 06:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:32 PM ----------

That's what happens when one lives up in the north. It's fixable but you gotta cut it out and weld new plates. Some people weld plates with the rot still but don't do it do t the right way

I'm gonna get some estimates this week. If its more than $1000 I'm probably gonna find at OBS Surburban or tahoe with a blown trans or engine and swap my stuff in.

Gzes

the drifting 2dr
Reaction score
Yea personally I would come down south and buy one with blown engine or trans. There's always some here for bout $800 clean rust free

---------- Post added at 06:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:06 PM ----------

I can also get fully run in hoes for $1200 aswell at the auctions love livin in the south:)

MC153

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yea personally I would come down south and buy one with blown engine or trans. There's always some here for bout $800 clean rust free

---------- Post added at 06:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:06 PM ----------

I can also get fully run in hoes for $1200 aswell at the auctions love livin in the south:)

Your lucky! I just checked Tahoe prices in Utah and most run around $3200, usually with the same mileage as mine. Most cars up here that are fifteen years or older usually have rust because of all the salt on the road and nobody washes their cars. I might have to take a trip down south for my next car.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
humbertoltx

Latest posts