What did you do to your OBS GMT400 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SneeKeeFahk

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Son of a .....

Personally I think you got shafted.

Parts:
Fuel Pump Assembly: $555.30
Fuel Filter: $8.89
TOW: $60.00
Shop Supplies: $20.00

Labor:
Fuel Pump - Testing - Gas: $50.92
Fuel Pump - Remove & Replace - Gas: $169.74
Additional Time - Where Tank Shield Interferes: $50.92
Fuel Filter - Remove & Replace - Gas - In Line: $42.44
Hazardous Materials: $20.00

Labor Total: $334.02
Parts Total: $644.19
Tax: $117.38

Where did i get shafted because ill go get my motherfawking money back!!!

EDIT: Also it is a 99 z71 if that makes a difference.

gpracer1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Daaammn!! Mine died on the side of the road and I had to tow it to a shop. Cost me $525 out the door with Delphi pump. Looks like they doubled their money on that pump......you got pumped and shafted.

95escahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a 95 4dr Tahoe and my fuel pump went awhile back and was nowhere near that, I could look and see how much if it matters at all

SneeKeeFahk

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
you got pumped and shafted.
LOL

well my receipt says it's a AC/DELCO Fuel Pump, not sure if that is more expensive or if there is just a premium on being Canadian.

---------- Post added at 11:32 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:31 AM ----------

I have a 95 4dr Tahoe and my fuel pump went awhile back and was nowhere near that, I could look and see how much if it matters at all

I would appreciate it, also if you could let me know what kind of fuel pump you put in and where you live. I'm thinking that it might have something to do with being north of the border.

retorq

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think the issue is you got the whole assembly as most of us hopping up our stuff will replace just the pump part ...

SneeKeeFahk

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I think the issue is you got the whole assembly as most of us hopping up our stuff will replace just the pump part ...

Well that makes more sense, i was seriously starting to shit bricks but i think you might be right.

What about the labor, do you guys think i was over charged for that or is it just the parts (specifically the AC/DELCO FUEL PUMP ASSEMBLY MU17777)?

domin8

Just Plinking
Reaction score
Highland Park, IL. Transplant from SLC, UT to redu
The funny thing about the ACDelco fuel pump is it's actually manufactured by Carter. There are actually 4 different pumps available for MY 1999, however price is relatively the same and range from $200-255 USD. Additionally, I'm willing to bet that because GM discontinues parts after 10 years the dealership used an aftermarket fuel pump and marked it up 70% above their cost in order to make 40% net profit.

DefendHawaii

Snake Eater
Reaction score
Just cleaned my puppies "accident" off the back seat. They got into the back and ate a dozen donuts this morning. I knew they would catch up to em sooner or later.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rnfernandez1968