What did you do to your OBS GMT400 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

IRQVET

2 Door Owners Club
Reaction score
I had to put out a small engine fire today.

I drove it to the gym and back and decided to add some brake fluid when I got home. I over filled it and upon closing the lid, some poured out, hit the exhaust manifold, and before I knew it there a small fire.

I had a fire extinguisher handy and I used it to put out the fire before anything was damaged. (Thank gawd)

DefendHawaii

Snake Eater
Reaction score
Yeah they had fun back there. Used some turtle wax brand stuff for upholstery cleaning it worked alright but still smells like cleaning products all inside like some freshly cleaner bathroom. Ordering my heater controls on amazon now.

Last edited:

LI99HOE

Top Notch Tech.
Reaction score
Changed the face of the clock I installed recently to a white faced. Also put an LED light above it for night viewing.

Attachments

• DSCI0047.jpg
    DSCI0047.jpg
    75.1 KB · Views: 26

ch4d

Full Access Member
Reaction score
heading over to rainier then tomorrow for thanksgiving i am surprising my friends mom by bringing her son home from the airport because she does not know he is on rest leave from the army. she doesnt have a clue so i thought it would be a nice thing to do.

SunlitComet

OBS Jedi-Do Good
Reaction score
Daaammn!! Mine died on the side of the road and I had to tow it to a shop. Cost me $525 out the door with Delphi pump. Looks like they doubled their money on that pump......you got pumped and shafted.
Yeah that phrase is more appropriate. Even a delphi assembly is $232 retail price at oreilys or $150 at amazon.

OP
OP

96ProCompTahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yeah you got SHAFTED on that fuel pump change. put in a delphi pump with a new (technical name escaped me) hanger assembly in mine and even based on your parts cost came in much lower.

didn't do anything to/with mine other than look at it. short road trip with it tomorrow.

vtx1800sba

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Got a quote for a Gibson cat-back exhaust. Tried finding same from Magnaflow only to find out they don't make one for a 2dr. tahoe. LAME! I asked the tech if I ordered one for a 4dr and shortened the tail pipe would it work. His response was that the warranty would be voided. Would flat out not respond whether or not my idea would work. So I said 'well guess i'll go over to Gibson..

ch4d

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Got a quote for a Gibson cat-back exhaust. Tried finding same from Magnaflow only to find out they don't make one for a 2dr. tahoe. LAME! I asked the tech if I ordered one for a 4dr and shortened the tail pipe would it work. His response was that the warranty would be voided. Would flat out not respond whether or not my idea would work. So I said 'well guess i'll go over to Gibson..

flowmaster has one i believe let me look really quickly

EDIT: here you go http://www.flowmastermufflers.com/searchfmm/search_manufacturer.php?sc1=Exhaust kits

Last edited:

BattelWagun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I found a bumper from a florida truck on craigslist yesterday for $100, talked him down to $80. It's in awesome condition, hardly a spot on it. Now all I need is the bracket kit, and probably a plasma cutter to get the old one off...

Currently chasing down a bull bar off an F-250 with a pair of Hella 500's on it. He's asking $250, I'm gonna see if I can get him to $200 :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rnfernandez1968