What Do You Like Better Barn Doors Or Hatch?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bad bow tie

Grizz Straight FTMFW
Reaction score
Got the hatch and like it way more than the barn doors. My dad had the barn doors in his suburban, and like everyone said, it blocks your view in the rear view mirror.

2drhoeon4s

Full Access Member
Reaction score
well i have a wall of speakers back there so i cant see out even if I had a hatch lol.

Jaycenk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have barn doors and I have had the hatch so I dont know. I hit my head on the hatch and the barn doors lol. Barn doors wook out for me becuase I cherry pick engines and stuff into the back of mine and they are light weight for when I am at the Boat ramp I can just fling it open and close real quick to throw straps and what not in there.

blackcoffee

O.G. Black.
Reaction score
2drhoeon4s, man it looks so good!!! Better and better everytime I see it infact!

hapyspaz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hatch all the way.

Advantages:
1) hauling long items
2) WIPER BLADE
3) when it gets dirty you can use your WIPER BLADE
4) when packing it full of gear, easier to max it out, shut the gate, shove more stuff in, then shut the window
5) ability to add remote open

Disadvantages:
1) rattle with old age

el chupacabra 96

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have had the barn doors before and have a hatch now. I liked that the barn doors allow for better access to anything in the back, not having to lean over the tail gate. But I hated having that big divider in the back on the barn doors. And I think on 2 doors the barn doors have a better look. But I have to say my preference would be for the hatch. I like the big window, wiper blade is awesome, and it is definately cool to have a place to sit back there too.

99denali

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You can sit on the back of your yukon if you barn doors too....just cant see left or right very well :/

97yukon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
honestly...barn doors all the way simply because i dont like people sitting on my shit. With my old truck...if it happened to be the truck in the middle of a conversation my tailgate was dropped like it was there simply to sit on. It would be cool if people respected your stuff but they end up tearing it up or scratching the paint. i all for the hatch two but they def do rattle

IRQVET

2 Door Owners Club
Reaction score
I have the barn doors and I like them better than the hatch. But that dam divider does hinder your viability quite a bit which is a bummer and does get annoying at times.

Its a trade off I guess, but the barn doors are better for me when I'm hauling my dogs around.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JayODaBoss

Latest posts