What Do You Like Better Barn Doors Or Hatch?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

99_2door

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i have barn doors. as far as looks its no question.....hatch wins. my barn doors come in pretty handy though so i guess its a fair trade off.

MetalStorm

Reaction score
hate my barn doors. would love to have the hatch which would make it easier bringin' those long 2x4's home.

96ProCompTahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Even with the lift on it i wouldn't trade the hatch for the doors any day.

not a truck if it doesn't have a tailgate! haha j/k. j/k.

grimm

Full Access Member
Reaction score
^^"Since SUVs are considered light trucks and often share the same platforms of pick-ups, they are regulated less strictly than passenger cars..." - pulled from Wikipedia... just sayin, haha.

---------- Post added at 08:41 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:38 AM ----------

But I have a tail-gate and lift glass... fold down the seats and there's your bed right there :) Since my steering wheel says "GMCtruck" as well as my tailgate, I'm stickin' with that:gr_grin:

EastTXYukon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My wife's 2004 Tahoe has the lift gate, and my 96 2 door yukon has barn doors. I don't like how the barn doors don't really stay open, but I hate how the liftgate hits the garage door when you raise it up. It has all these nicks and scratches in it from where she let it hit.

So in other words, they both suck!

The earlier version of the lift gate that has the glass and then a tailgate...yeah I think thats the way to go.

crmzendrgone

Full Access Member
Reaction score
HATCH FTW. true the barn doors may get you closer to the inside when loading but they don't open enough to get out of the way.

onlygm4me

Reaction score
Tail Gate all the way! Because (and I do all these things often)

easy to haul long items
easy to over fill/haul more
makes a great seat
better for drive in movies
easier to see out of when closed
better for leaving open when backing up (trailer hook up, ect.)
better for bumper stickers
and rear wiper too. (even though I hate those)

and yes, trucks have tail gates

But the barn doors do look good, and I would chose the barn doors over a full hatch back style (full hatch back remindes me of a mini van) I had a full hatch on my '00 S10 Blazer and hated it.

SunlitComet

OBS Jedi-Do Good
Reaction score
I would only go gate if it the window and gate were one big unit that flips up like the new ones. Don't like the fold down gate.

raptorforme93

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I love my hatch and would never get barn doors. Im 6'4" so reaching over the tailgate is no problem and its a great seat. I hate how the barn doors look and how the hinges stick out. The hatch is much easier to pack stuff into because you can pack it then close the tailgate and still have access to pack and move shit around. Plus the remote open makes it even more convenient. The wiper is gay though and can go die

---------- Post added at 08:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:36 PM ----------

But yes my hatch used to rattle when I first put my system in.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JayODaBoss

Latest posts