What size HID bulbs for fog lights??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DwDrummer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just ordered a fog light package from my local Chevrolet place to go in my 08 Tahoe, I was wondering what size bulb it uses? When I had my 08 Silverado they didn't have a HID bulb out for it at the time and I siliconed a 880 bulb into place and it worked out great. My HID's came from HID gate so I'm hoping to order from them that way my lows and highs will match perfect!:Handshake:

Thanks,
DwDrummer

williajj

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The fogs are bulb 5202 on the Yukon... I'm assuming they are the same for the Tahoes. The 5202 HIDs can be hard to find, but I know that the sponsor here sells them and so does DDM Tuning.

nytahoe

"Tha Butcha"
Reaction score
hit up SpencersHIDs.com on gmfs. i got my bulbs from him. great guy too.

CHINO07KON

Reaction score
I dont know how the new 5202 hid's are but I got my fogs done last year before the 5205 came out..The stock fog lense is made of plastic instead of glass so theres a possibility to burn through the lense..Mines did using a h3 bulb which was the smallest at the time..Bought a glass fog from Ebay cut both housing and jb weld the original housing to the new glass lense..I know it sounds a like a long project but it really only took an hour..It took longer to wait for the jb weld to dry..lol..Hope it helps

Modded

That Guy
Reaction score
Hey chin I have to see your Kon, post pics because by your Sig it sounds sick!!

NolaTahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
what about Z71 fogs?

I got a Z71 with HID's in my fogs you have to use a certain size bulb ( which i forgot what size i used but can look tomorrow) it fits right in there and you have to either customize the piece that holds the bulb in there now to fit the HID or silicone it

OP
OP
DwDrummer

DwDrummer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I ordered a 880 HID bulb and plan to silicone it in when my fog light kit comes in. I did this on my Silverado and it worked great. When I first heard of using silicone to hold a bulb in I thought it was a little redneckish but actually worked really well!