Whats next????

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
renaldo99

renaldo99

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Gears, Pulley, Forge the rotating assembly, build a larger cube motor.

Personally I would get a nice set of heads. Just be prepared to see the accual boost number drop due to the decrease in head restriction. So a nice set of heads, a pulley, and a retune.

i was thinking on doing that... but if i dont put new heads and just do a new pulley for more boost will i be save with the motor?

JennaBear

Resident Ninja
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I was running 11psi on my 5.3L, you should be just fine, these motors are pretty stout. It is the drivetrain that is the issue on these vehicles.

OP
OP
renaldo99

renaldo99

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Pulley down, you have more power to tap.

will it be safe with 70k miles reason being is the place i took it to that installed everything said i have to change a few things to the motor so i can up the boost so idk

JennaBear

Resident Ninja
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Hmmmm, I wonder what they are wanting you to change? Is your blower intercooled?

JennaBear

Resident Ninja
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I would definitely ask for specifics, I know plenty of people running high boost on stock engines.

OP
OP
renaldo99

renaldo99

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would definitely ask for specifics, I know plenty of people running high boost on stock engines.[/QUO

they changed a few things when i did the camshaft like the pushrods and the springs so idk what else they can do

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Toekneeks