Whats next????

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HMFDZ28

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Since there are no smaller pullies available why not go with an Overdriven crank pulley. Just be careful to match up the crank with the correct blower pulley (may have to be larger). This would accually improve belt wrap and reduce slipping. There may not be a smaller pulley out yep if the snout has to be machined for smaller.

If you do deside to bump up the boost or add a set of heads I would deff upgrade to a set of dual springs. With that cam selection and F/I, I would have went with Dual valve springs over beehives. Mainly for long term safety as springs start to weaken over time.

OP
OP
renaldo99

renaldo99

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i just talked to the guys that installed everything on my tahoe and they said because i have a cam the boost is at 5-7psi and without a cam its probably would be higher of a boost....
so i asked what i could do to get more boost and they said build the bottom end if not i would blow the motor if i uped the boost

hoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Like I said above. Build a 434ci that equates to a 7.1 liter. Get rid of the small 5.3 liter! I would do a 6.7 liter atleast (408ci). Yes you should put a TVS 2300 on a 6.7L engine. If you have to build a crappy 5.3, might as well build the real deal.

JennaBear

Resident Ninja
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
i just talked to the guys that installed everything on my tahoe and they said because i have a cam the boost is at 5-7psi and without a cam its probably would be higher of a boost....
so i asked what i could do to get more boost and they said build the bottom end if not i would blow the motor if i uped the boost

The reason why you have less boost, is because it is going straight out the exhaust. You need a different cam, that one is not supercharger friendly, there is far too much overlap on that cam, for your type of supercharger. If it was a Procharger or a turbo, it wouldn't be problem.

If they did indeed upgrade all the parts you said, with the proper specs, you do not need to upgrade your engine anymore. You can be making 10psi easily (with a smaller pulley) with a new cam.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Toekneeks