What's the best Intake/CAI kit??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Volant1

Volant guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thats the difference between 8in of filter and 8ft theres more surface area for dirt to cover and nothing for it to stick to

That doesn't make any sense, 100k? I clean my filter every 5k, takes 20 minutes.

NoChrome

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That doesn't make any sense, 100k? I clean my filter every 5k, takes 20 minutes.

Thats the difference between 8in of filter and 8ft theres more surface area for dirt to cover and nothing for it to stick to

I think Im with max on this one, sure I dont clean my filter every 5k but, 100k is a long, long time. I dont care how bad ass your air filter is, it is eventually gonna run out of places for dirt to stick or its just letting smaller stuff through that would normally clog one up.

Volant1

Volant guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It isnt a Volant filter, its a donaldson, same flute that is in the black hawk helo, your not dealing with a cotton, poly or paper filter its nano fiber, you do not service the filter so there is no break down in microns like serviceable filters, its .001 micron from start to end like I stated above there is nothing for the dirt to stick to so it does not build up, we also put a downward angle on all of the filters so large sand and dirt fall back out of the top, also you do now that every time you service a filter your letting in more dirt right?

Max

Mile High
Reaction score
I'll stick with my aem that collects mad dirt every time I clean it :cheers:

dynamitekid

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
hey i got a afe Magnum Force air filter box, with afe pipe.. put a airaid throttle body on and makes a differnce on my 07 yukon.. also put 1 chamber flow master with 2 tips out the side.. sounds great

wot_denali

Reaction score
Air aid box keep the stock tube and save your money

Last edited:

JennaBear

Resident Ninja
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
The stock tube is what you should be changing, as that is where all the restriction is. Check out the resonator on that thing.

Blkout02

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What's better arm brute force with oil free filter or aem cai or a kn cai or are they just all pesonnel peference

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
2024 Tahoe Brian