When The Wife asks for the keys

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

stevek

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I only let people drive my Denali when I'm under the influence and wasn't planning on it. Other than maybe 4 times, nobody has driven it.

Canuckian

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
The Tahoe is more my wife's truck than mine so I sometimes have to ask her for the keys!! She uses it to tote our little fella around and I'd much rather he be strapped into a Tahoe than the GTI I drive daily. I do, however get the "honor" of maintaining/cleaning it though....... :emotions122:

TREYR8D

Reaction score
Technically, our Tahoe is my wife's. I drive the lifted Jeep. It was all part of the kid preparation plan. I wanted her and my kids (when they come) in something safe, reliable, and good for winter in Denver. Yes she has some quarks that get to me when she drives, but 98% of the time, if we're going somewhere together, i'm driving the hoe. On the other hand, she drives it every day to work in Denver traffic. I do everything i can to make sure it is what she expects it to be and has everything it needs to be safe when she needs it to be. O, and i also get to do all the maintenance and care for it too :)

So to the original post: if there's an option, i will drive. But i dont have a problem giving her the keys. She's a good driver (gotta love the midwest country roads for learning)

JKmotorsports

Rollin the boosted grocery-getter
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My wife drives the Tahoe maybe 5-6 times a month. She is actually pretty good with it and knows what to do and not to do. I can trust her not to go into boost because she's scared of it, haha. She won't drive it when it's raining though; breaks loose to easily and she knows that.

mkaresh

Reaction score
My wife hates when I drive her car, but only because she doesn't like to have to readjust everything. (Perhaps her next car will have memory.)

Effeckt

Resident Cards Fan
Reaction score
The wife drives my Tahoe about as much as I do if not more. I definitely know what you mean though. I hated her driving my BMW when I had it. If the Tahoe wasn't our "family" car I would probably be a lot more spastic about it as well.

a4edwin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i know it's an old thread but i hate the fact that my wife doesn't drive but she'll want to borrow the cars so a friend or family member can drive.

Phil DeVtec

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I really bought the Tahoe for her, so I don't care. We don't drive it that much anyhow. It doesn't matter to me.

diamondbackjo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
it doesn't bother me.. she is way more careful in my car than hers so i'm all for it... i'm trying to sell her scion so she can have my tahoe.

slipping

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine has her own Hoe. I dont like her driving mine and she doesnt like to drive it. Back seat is fine though :hump: She does drive hers like a sports car though and I, on occasion, grab the handle on the passenger side.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gmc3000