where does seafoam go

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

olforrester

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
i bought some from advanced and he said the hose coming out of brake booster good idea?

hassoun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
what truck do you have ? just be careful. some brake boosters are hydrolics and not vacuum. your best choice is locate where the pcv valve is and disconnect that hose and use it as a suction for half of the sea foam bottle. the other half will go on a quarter tank of gas. if you have more its better to wait until you get to quarter tank. if you tell me what year and model you have i'll be able to help you locate the pcv valve hose.

HotCarl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
On the OBS you can do either the PCV valve line or the brake booster vac line. I have done both lines before, but some say on the 5.7 Vortecs those lines only go to two cylinders, so the way to get the full treatment is put the whole bottle in the gasoline. Personally, I have done some in the vac lines and some in the gas, and some in the oil.

kope

Reaction score
I always do .33 in the fuel, .33 in the upper intake via, brake booster, and .33 in the oil.
Just remember if you do use it in your oil to only run the engine about 25 miles then change the oil and filter.

bai78

Surviving
Reaction score
On the OBS you can do either the PCV valve line or the brake booster vac line. I have done both lines before, but some say on the 5.7 Vortecs those lines only go to two cylinders, so the way to get the full treatment is put the whole bottle in the gasoline. Personally, I have done some in the vac lines and some in the gas, and some in the oil.

You should do the brake booster line as well as through the throttle body. This will disperse it to all cylinders.

MetalStorm

Reaction score
Just Sea Foamed for the first time, 169,000 miles. Brake booster vacuum line, gas tank, and crank case. Not all that impressed. I got one good puff of smoke as I was dumping it in the vacuum hose, and very briefly when I restarted it after 25 minutes and then put about 30 miles on.

crmzendrgone

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just Sea Foamed for the first time, 169,000 miles. Brake booster vacuum line, gas tank, and crank case. Not all that impressed. I got one good puff of smoke as I was dumping it in the vacuum hose, and very briefly when I restarted it after 25 minutes and then put about 30 miles on.

DO yo do a lot of high way driving?

Just means that yours wasn't that carboned up. mine didn't smoke at all but I know it worked.

Did the wifes 03 TB and it smoked like a turkey and she has 90k but mostly city or stop and go.

See with highway or high rpm driving doesn't allow as much carbon build up.

MetalStorm

Reaction score
Yeah I kinda figured that. I bought the truck 3 years ago with a bout 145,000 highway miles, and since then I have put on almost 25,000 NYC/Long Island miles. Even still, 169,000 is STILL 169,000 miles! Ya can't tell me there's no carbon in there! I'm just gonna have to monitoring the mpg's during the next fill up.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmericanThunder