Which Sub?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

foreverfalcon40

Full Access Member
Reaction score
One Kicker Solo X

or

2 Kicker 15" L7's in a sealed box?

I can get two kicker solo x's for a steal from a good friend of mine. But there is no need for me to have 3 batteries plus that stinger thingy (its not a cap) forgot what it is.

Too much weight.

I can seal the deal two 15s or one X. I want to Add one battery thats it!

What will hit harder?

DJTricky

Banned
Reaction score
i would say do the 2 l7's in a ported box.... but think of the room that will take up.
so given the amount of space needed i would go with the solo X in a ported box.

TNtahoeB

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
i would say do the 2 l7's in a ported box.... but think of the room that will take up.
so given the amount of space needed i would go with the solo X in a ported box.

The L7's may be louder but to port them will take up most of your room. I've got two L5 15's and I''ve only got about a foot of room from the back doors. The solo x would still rock like hell! I say the x would be the way to go. Its a competition sub!

blueflamed03

Supporting Member
Reaction score
also in the event that the inevitable happens sooner rather then latter... you can replace the voice coil.
you mean complete soft parts (coil, spider, cone, surround,etc)

One Solo X 12" in a ported box would hammer. I did one 12" in my 1996 off a KX2500.1, loudest setup I have used to date.
The external measurements need to be 47” wide X 16” tall X 14” deep. The port and sub need to fire towards the rear gate. The port needs to measure 4” wide by 14.5 “ tall and measure 13.5” deep ( I know it sucks it will need a 90 degree turn in it) Mount the port and the woofer on opposite ends of the enclosure.

hamma time!

OP
OP
foreverfalcon40

foreverfalcon40

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Space Idc. I wll be building a custom box...either out of fiberglass or a MDF and wrap it up!

I just don;t want all that weight!

---------- Post added at 01:42 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:41 AM ----------

Heres a vid of my current setup. 2 12" JL W6's hooked up to 800 watt mono amp

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=va4x3LM_x2Q

ArchStreetYukon

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
The 2- L7's in a sealed box wont sound good but in a good ported box it'll sound awesome! I have 1-10" Solo X in my 2 door tahoe in a built ported box!! Sounds great for 1-10"!

blackcoffee

O.G. Black.
Reaction score
ArchStreetYukon thats a tight setup looks super reminds me of something from the late 80's love that ha.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dhrusso925